Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

What color should the pan located under headlights behind the front bumper have?
Have seen both black and body color. (pic)

Where can i find a new seal to the seal located behind the wind shield molding?

Whats the most common failure to vaccum leak to the head light doors?

The head light doors opens within a hour on this car, my former car never opened them, not even over a 3 months period stand still.

Almost done deassembling before paint. Front extensions, frontside markers, doors and rear wheel weel chrome, rear convertible trim left and some door adjustments needed.

To deassemble a car from CA is really nice, no rust.

Thanks/ Tommy.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Hello.

What color should the pan located under headlights behind the front bumper have? Body color on those I have seen.

Where can i find a new seal to the seal located behind the wind shield molding? WCCC

Whats the most common failure to vaccum leak to the head light doors? Rotted, dried out hoses. (råtne og tørre vakumslanger)

The head light doors opens within a hour on this car, my former car never opened them, not even over a 3 months period stand still.

Almost done deassembling before paint. Front extensions, frontside markers, doors and rear wheel weel chrome, rear convertible trim left and some door adjustments needed.

To deassemble a car from CA is really nice, no rust. Totally agree :)

Thanks/ Tommy.
I am looking forward to see the car in fresh new paint. I guess you will keep it red? What is the original color?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hello.

No Gry, going for the original color "medium blue metallic".
Wheels will be 69-70 cougar 15" styled steel wheels.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Hello.

What color should the pan located under headlights behind the front bumper have?
For a 1970 from the factory they were black.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks 70B302cat.

Noone with a clue or tip regarding the seal under the windshield top molding?
Its like a foam rubber thing, but mine is falling apart.

/Tommy.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I would be looking at some of the cougar and mustang houses for the header weatherstrip, as for the vacuum problems, The vac. motor first then the check valve ,headlight switch and the hoses for splits where the make connections.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks towcat. :)

Have to start search and find the leak at my vaccum system then,,,

Cant find the seal at WCCC:s website.

Cant find the seal (only) at munlimited either, and that seal is what i need only. :uhoh:

well well,,, what is $100 to argue about,,, :confused:

/Tommy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts