Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, its been a while. After taking a break from the car I started back at it with some help from my 16 year old son and i must say having the extra hands really helped. I really needed him to help with putting the fenders , grille & bumper back on but he helped with hiding stereo wires under the fender,wheel moulings and a bunch of other stuff. It was great to see him get involved & spend some quality time together. I took a few pics to show you all our progress,

Terry

Attachments

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Love it! Looks great!!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Terry, Your car looks great. The best part of having our cars is sharing the good times with family. My son and daughter love helping wash our Cougar. My wife and kids like going to car shows and to local cruise-in's (when it's not hot outside :) ). So enjoy the quality time with your family and car.
Steven

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Everything about that picture is waaaaay to clean. How do you get anything done without tripping over parts? LOOKS GREAT!

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Terry,
You have done a great job, and yes, the joy of having family get involved is the best. Is that TCP suspension on the front? What other things did you do to the car, like wheels, tires, what color is the paint? Without the shock towers, It sure make for a lot of room.
If you have a side profile would be great as well, looks beautiful!
Dennis

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for the nice comments. I have to say as I near the end of restoring my cougar, this has been a great experience. I had never taken a car apart before let alone put one back together, so seeing it all come together has made for a good feeeling of accomplishment. Although its not running yet, its close. I put power to it for the first time in 5 years to test most all the electrical and was really happy when just about every thing worked, had to change a few bulbs but thats about it. The interior is just about done have to put the console in and wire the car pics july 2 2011 007.JPG stereo, steering colum & front seats. For the body I am down to the front valence & rocker mouldings, hope to have them done this weekend. car pics july 2 2011 002.JPG car pics july 2 2011 004.JPG

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dennis, to reply to your questions I am not sure where to start, the front susspension is a rod & custom, the color is bahama blue, the wheels are 17" mustang bullits with 225 45R 17 in front & 255 45R 17 in rear. For your question on what all have I done to the car, the only thing I havnt done is the rear end.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Dennis, to reply to your questions I am not sure where to start, the front susspension is a rod & custom, the color is bahama blue, the wheels are 17" mustang bullits with 225 45R 17 in front & 255 45R 17 in rear. For your question on what all have I done to the car, the only thing I havnt done is the rear end.
Terry,
Very nice, have a blast driving it soon!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts