Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A few 1969 Cougar XR7 videos I took for fun.....

A few videos of my 1969 Cougar XR7,351 Performance Group ,
Been taking it to work and sharing it with some of our cancer patients, I work in transportation . Brings many smiles when I give them a ride or let them drive it.

1969 Cougar XR7,351 Performance Group !!!
A quick look at "Cougar by the Numbers" shows that of the 23,914 1969 XR-7 hardtops, there were 6,803 with the "M" code 351 4V, and only 1,200 with the 351 performance group.
It was also ordered on 1,466 std. HTs, 251 std. convertibles, and 347 XR-7 converts. (3,264 cars out of 100,085 total '69 Cougars, or right around 3%.)
That may or may not qualify as "rare" but its certainly not common.

http://youtu.be/2OFnpd82am4
http://youtu.be/PQ2Sv0hatZw
http://youtu.be/LB5Owjftqkk
http://youtu.be/01DTeeG5sYc

My girlfriends first drive in the Cougar. She really likes it !

·
Registered
508 Posts
Augusta Green with the White vinyl top......very nice combination. Did your GF ever come back with your ride??:uhoh:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Augusta Green with the White vinyl top......very nice combination. Did your GF ever come back with your ride??:uhoh:
LOL !!! Both Cougars returned home just fine... LOL. We are really enjoying the car much. Drove the Cougar 500 miles last week. Fun for sure :jump3:

·
Registered
390 Posts
At first I thought She took off like a 4speed but on second view realized it's just a flat spot hesitation, need to get a little more pump shot out of that accelerator pump.
I like those chrome turn downs, they don't look like the cheepie ones, what are they?

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Wow, that is one shiny, straight Cougar, me like! Right year too! :buck:

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Nice looking Cat(s)!!!!

·
Registered
945 Posts
Wow that must be love, first you let her drive it and 2nd she came back with it :smoke: Very nice looking Cat :beer:

·
Registered
992 Posts
At first I thought She took off like a 4speed but on second view realized it's just a flat spot hesitation, need to get a little more pump shot out of that accelerator pump.
I like those chrome turn downs, they don't look like the cheepie ones, what are they?
Nah I disagree, I think that was just the driver hit the gas, let off , then pressed the gas again not as hard. Not tuning related, just an unfamiliar right foot...

Kevin

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
It was the first time she ever drove the Cougar and it was not warmed up enough that's all.
The chrome turn downs were already on the car so I'm not sure. They don't look to be special in anyway.

I'm glad you all like the Cougar. It has been fun showing it to you. This car is not perfect but very nice. A really nice driver that is just a pleasure to drive ! Very hard for me to stay out of it.

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
It was the first time she ever drove the Cougar and it was not warmed up enough that's all.
The chrome turn downs were already on the car so I'm not sure. They don't look to be special in anyway.

I'm glad you all like the Cougar. It has been fun showing it to you. This car is not perfect but very nice. A really nice driver that is just a pleasure to drive ! Very hard for me to stay out of it.
OK, so you're saying that your car has a serious drivability defect (cold operation) and that you can't 'stay out of it'???? I have the perfect solution -- ship it to me and you'll never have to stay in it again!

I love solving other people's problems for them. Oh, and no charge for that service, either! :toung:

BTW, please edit your MC.net profile with your location... It makes us feel better knowing that there are other Classic Cats in the neighborhood...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts