Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They said it had been sitting in a concrete floored garage for some years but when his foot went through the floor they knew it was toast. I purchased it to pick the bones but in my novice experience had little clue about the differences in XR7's, no ac, no tilt, no console and yet it had a great dash pad. After all it had spent it's whole life in Minnesota with little heat to turn the plastic to dust. I needed the instrument cluster when mine on the California car disintegrated. And it served as a great template to put mine back together after 4 years in pieces. Now it's parts are being transplanted to others who might bring there own Cougars back to life. It ran not again but the 302 still hopes for a body to rest in and the C4 waits peacefully at the moment contemplating and hoping to remain with it's partner of near 50 years. Alas this car is returning to the earth. RIP 8F93F589769.

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
It's never easy, when you know they are terminal...But go forth with faith, knowing the parts that are saved, will help others live on! Be sure and salvage everything! Nuts. bolts, wiring harnesses, soft trim, lights and bezels. Waste nothing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts