Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my hesitation stopped and now I am on to my air conditioning. I had a plugged expansion valve, so I ordered a reproduction from Dallas Mustang. Also bought a new drier. Flushed the entire system with A/C flush, no I didn't have the new drier hooked up when I did the flush. It pulled a good vacuum and held fine. So far, so good. Sucked in 6 ounces of PAG 150 and put in 24 ounces of R134a. The suction line is getting cold, the high side is warm, the compressor is cold. The air coming out of the vents is 76*F.... Not too good...

My heater core is bypassed, no doubt I am going to be cussing it come winter time, so I know that I am not getting excess heat from there. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Is this a complete conversion to 134a or is this an R12 system with 134a expansion valve and refrigerant and the rest are R12 parts (compressor, condenser, drier, etc.)?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this a complete conversion to 134a or is this an R12 system with 134a expansion valve and refrigerant and the rest are R12 parts (compressor, condenser, drier, etc.)?
Compressor and condenser are stock, the drier and expansion valve are for R134a. That can't be the problem here, I have put R134a directly into an R12 system, even used R12 oil in a beater truck. Blew plenty cold for years.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found the issue. Was overfilled on both oil and freon. Got some pulled out and I am getting mid 50's air. Thinking a couple of electric fans will help too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts