Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am having a slight problem with the A/C and heater, and am hoping one of you can help.

The head unit (or whatever you call it) in the dash (under the radio) doesn't seem to be working right. It will turn the air on and off, but it will not switch the vents, or work the Cool/Warm adjusments.

At first I thought it was one of the little cables on it (Like it was on my friends 69 Mach1) but when I looked at it I realized its electronic, it doesn't use the little cables.

Does anyone know what could be causing this, and how I would go about fixing it? Or maybe where I can get another one?

Thanks!

Chris

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
what year is the car?? electronic? i dont know about all the years, but i know my 69 has a whole bunch of vacuum lines and actuaters under the dash and behind the head unit thing. i do have a schematic for that to let you know where they are all supposed to go. so if you have a 69 or a 70 that should work for ya.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
heres the pic i have of it, this is all i have on the computer. if you want i can make a copy of the actual thing and send it to you, but heres my email address [email protected]

Attachments

·
Contributing Member
89 Posts
hi if you figure it out could you post it, I've got same problem sort of my selectors work but when i put it on a/c from heat or diffrost it does'nt do anything thanks I've got a 70

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Check your vacuum can behind/under the passanger side fender. When this goes out you typically cannot switch the ducts from defrost. The can serves as a reservoir to build up vacuum for the system under the dash. Just my 2 cents.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts