Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I haven't post in a long time. Just recently started back working on my Cougar. So today I had some spare time and decided to get creative. I had a bunch of spare parts laying around and decided to se if I could do something to eleminate the front bumper. DSCF0884.jpg DSCF0881.jpg DSCF0882.jpg

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will be adding something behind to protect from front impact. Plan is to finish getting everything in shape and the make a 1 piece fiberglass front nose section.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes you do, I have been toying with this car for 4 years. I plan to turn this into an Elenor Cougar. misc 137.jpg wheel flares 006.jpg

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
I see what you did there with the piece of a hood and add'l fender extensions, what did you make the "bumper" out of? Looks like a foam something or other that you have sculpted to fit the space where a "bumper" would go in your vision. I'm liking what you are envisioning!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The material I am using to form everything is indeed foam. I puchased it a florest shop. Very cheap and easy to sand (but does it ever make a mess). I am also using a band saw to cut everything close to size the hand sanding to fit.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I have always wondered what that would look like done that way. Look forward to see what it will be like when finished. Nice work!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Wow, nice work man. Did you do the fiberglass work for you deck lid and rear extensions, or did you order the kit that I have seen floating around? I attempted to do the same for my 68, but I couldn't the finished look I was going for on the rear so I scrapped the project for now.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
now fill the center rect hole where the mercury man is and make a license plate filler(get rid of the flat for the plate )and she'll be real smooth
doctordesoto

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Doctordesto, I am in the process of doing just that. Although I plan to add a front spoiler and may be inclined to make the front valence the same as an R- Model Mustang. Also plan on adding a GTE hood scoop.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
FFR428, thanks for the feedback. Do you happen to own a Factory Five Cobra? I use to visit that site when I was building my Cobra kit and seem to remember some one using FFR428 as the user name.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts