Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I inherited this car with less than 20 thousand orginal miles has 30 now. The other night the male half of the family takes it to go to a friends. I go to drive it today and find that I can now see the muffler while looking at the passenger rear wheel well. Plus there about a 30 inch piece of something that looks to be a cross between heavy cardboard and fiber board under the car Looks like it should bolt? to the inside of the rear fender. I'm so angry about this and the BS story about spinning out in the rain I can't see straight. (This was my Mom's car She bought it brand new and it's like all I have that was hers, so it's a special car to me)

What I need is help with a name for this part, I have no clue I tried rear wheel splash guard in the search engines and got back zero. And any thoughts as to where I can go to find the part and or have someone put it back on the car.

As for the male half of the family if he even picks up the keys he may get shoot.

Thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Take pics of the rear part of the car your mentioning and i`m sure we can help you out..

thanks
Pat

·
Contributing Member
1,881 Posts
I just went out and took a picture of a 93 and a 97 wheel well. They both look the same so your 94 should be the same. Is this what your talking about? The muffler is behind the vinyl panel which looks like a splash guard or stone deflector, I also looked in the 93 service manual for a name or diagram but couldn't find it. You might try the http://forums.tccoa.com/index.php forms.
I'm sure it is in the manual somewhere, I'll keep looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Catman,

That is exactly what I was speaking of.. Yes I looked in my manual and couldn't find it either. I tried splash guard, even muffler guard, Didn't think it would qualify as a heat shield, would it? Not sure if I could get it from a dealer due to age, ( if we can come up with the part name, LOL). Don't have a clue of anywhere else to try to get the part. Any ideas? Will try the other forum too thx

Thanks for your help!!!!
Dani

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
There are lots of that-generation Cougars and Thunderbirds in wrecking yards these days.

·
Contributing Member
1,881 Posts
was that it? its called a splash shield / inner fender / fender skirt, take your pic :)
Not exactly but it's a start. She is looking for one for the rear of the car. That site only lists one side of the front. Yeloxr7 has a good suggestion too, a wrecking yard. It may be listed in a collision parts book.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts