Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 Cougar LS and everything seems to run fine.

Occasionally, (About every other time I look at it) the radiator low light is on, on the computer. This freaks me out, because I've checked it, and there is definitely enough in there, practically full.

I read on a different thread on a different site that someone had to replace their radiator cap because it wasn't building enough pressure. Not sure if this applies to me or not. If anyone has any suggestions on what I should do, reply, <a href="mailto:[email protected]" target="_blank">e-mail</a>, or IM me on AIM, my name is Hexifreak2003. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Replacing the radiator cap is definately a good suggestion, the sensor may very well be working based off pressure, and if your cap isn't sealing, there may not be building much if any pressure.

Quick $2 fix. Failing that, if you're not having any overheating problems, replace the offending sensor. If you're overheating as well, check your thermostat...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Followup

Thanks. Actually, it seems to do the opposite. It's probably just my mind playing tricks on me. But if it is already at it's normal temp, and the radiator low light is on when I "race", the temp. meter, actually goes down one level for a second then comes back up. But then again, probably just me, so don't bother replying about this.

I'll probably get a new cap as soon as this flu goes away. About replacing the sensor... Where/How would I get a new one, and how would I install it?

Thanks again. Noy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts