Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as nice as my new 73 is, it does have a couple areas in need of work...

the rubber horn ring (in the steering wheel, that is) has a missing segment. i need to fix that. i would consider buying an entire steering wheel if it's in great shape (though i don't like the thought of installing one.)

the white door panels (i know, i know, hard to find) are in fair shape but the "elbow breaks" were patched sloppily with that crap you buy from the TV commercials. i need both panels.

that's all for now!

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
What color is your steering wheel? Do you have power windows? It does make a difference.

I have a set of white door panels, but they are for a 71-72 with power windows. The pass side is the same (I think) but the drivers side had a different style master switch panel for 71,2 and 73. My pass side is in good condition, but the drivers side has one small crack in the 'elbow'.

You can retrofit another style of steering wheel to your Cat if you wish. My 'Alpha Cat' came with a factory leather wrapped steering wheel, but I put a rim blow wheel on it. Now what did I do with that leather wheel.... (It was brown anyway, so you probably wouldn't be interested) My Beta Cat has a black rimblow wheel but it too needs some help IIRC (If I Recall Correctly). The rimblow wheel is the same as the one offered for Mustangs so you might try Mustang parts vendors for a replacement switch element.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Mustangs Unlimited has NOS rim blow switches.

·
Registered
364 Posts
rim blow horn

thanks to both of you for responding. i'll check mustangs unltd for it (i already checked a couple cougar sites without success.)

the steering wheel is black back with a chrome ring and fake woodgrain front, three spoke with the cat in the middle. yes, i have power windows.

guess i should learn to be specific, huh...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Cougrrcj...

about the door panels. it sounds like the driver's side wouldn't do me much good, but without the "i think," i might be interested in the passenger side. would you consider selling it alone? while i await yur answer, i'll try to find out if it is exactly the same. thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts