Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a front (grille) emblem for my -73 Cougar. Does anybody know, from where I can find it? I don`t even know what it looks like or what it`s made from. Maybe somebody could send me a picture of it?
Greetings to all Cat people from cold Finland (Santa Claus lives here...)

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
There are two emblems possible for a 73 Cougar. The Standard Cougar (VIN codes 91-hardtop & 92-convertible) has a black background with a silver walking Cat. The XR-7 (VIN codes 93-hardtop & 94-convertible) has a red background with a stylized wreath in silver and the lettering of XR-7 in black surrounded by a silver border.

Both of these emblems are make of plastic and were glued to the metal grille shell moulding. They have a propensity for popping off with age. They are getting quite rare and therefore expensive!!! Theyare available on ebay.com every so often, and will fetch over $100.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Here's a photo...

This is an XR-7 emblem. Hard to tell, I know, but it's the best photo I have at the moment.

Attachments

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Here's a pic of my spare emblem.

Attachments

·
I thought I changed this?
1,213 Posts
hey arto :wave:

this was for sale on ebay uk a while back.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290062057677&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:UK:1

the pictures don't make it clear whether there's an emblem there or not ?
i know this item didn't sell. i spoke to him about it as i thought it might fit the 71. he seemed a decent enough bloke, might be worth dropping him an email to see if he still has it ? maybe he'll cut you a deal for the lot ?

if you do, tell him the guy from scotland with the 71 says hi !

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
68 Gte

I´m not sure but maybe I have seen one in a magazine or in internet and location was Norway. I can do some research here in Finland, takes some time. I´ll let you know.
Artsi

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Do you know of a 68 GTE Cougar owned in Scandinavia? I'm tring to trace the car.

John
I´m not sure but maybe I have seen one in a magazine or in internet and location was Norway. I can do some research here in Finland, takes some time. I´ll let you know.
Artsi

John, Art, to my knowledge there are no 68 GTE Cougar in Norway, but there are 2 in Scandinavia, 1 std and 1 XR7, both W coded, and atleast 1 or maybe both are in Sweden, the XR7 is in Sweden, and the std might be either Finland or Sweden, based on the name of the owner leads me to think of Finland, but i could be wrong on that

Jan.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry, couldn`t get spesific information from the car registration center, but there are five 68`s registered in Finland. They don`t give more information to a private person.
But what is that Jan Ove`s "finnish related name"? Maybe it can help tracing GTE.
Arto

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally got information. there are 8 (eight) -68 Cougars registered in Finland. None is GTE. Four of them has a type code: 2D COUGAR HT68-91F/2820

1 - 12 of 12 Posts