Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to buy, 73 cougar convertible front door panels and rear side panels, Xr7.. Perfer white,
I also need both right and left sport mirrors cougar only. Also rear seat complete or bottom only, perfer white leather. Seat has to be for a convertible. Does anyone know where i can get both rear Quarter panels rust free, Convertible only..... Let me know.... TIM

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
You're still looking for those parts? I said before that I have what you're looking for, it is just that I really don't want to ship them all the way across the country. The white conv't rear seat trim panels are cut for power windows, the rear seat I have is white XR-7 leather also. If you really want to pay the shipping, I'd be willing. My digi camera is on the fritz so no pics. If you want another verification of the condition of the parts I have, ask 73XR7owner. He's seen them.

BTW, you can use hardtop 71-73 quarter panels and just cut them off as necessary. I parted out a conv't on which the PO did just that.

Also, 70-71 Torino sport mirrors are the same as our 71-73 Cougars. If you look inside the pedestal on a Cougar mirror you'll see that there is a Torino casting number in there. Not that there's a boatload of 70-71 Torinos around either, but it does open up your options just a bit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts