Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not asking for a lot, say $100 plus the shipping, or pickup, I'm in Riverside County, CA.
101_0263.jpg 101_0265.jpg

This is set of Cleveland heads that I bought with a friend years ago thinking we were going to build a clevor. Obviously that never came to fruition, So now after dragging them around for several years I'm ready to part ways. They have been sitting in a closet or garage for the last 5 years or so.

As far as the condition I will include pictures, but they have surface rust from sitting, but they appear to be untouched and ready for a once over. I do have the valves and springs somewhere, but I remember a couple were bent and that's why the heads were removed.

These are in fact CJ open chamber heads (http://home.comcast.net/~jelerath/mustang/Specs/heads-fr.html) I'm not sure if that's completely valid, but it's definitely close.

If you have any further questions or requests please contact me.

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
D3ZZ-A 4V heads will not have the 2.19/1.71 valves. The 'only' have the smaller 2.06/1.66 2V valve size. They can be cut and bowl-blended for the larger valves, however. That was the whole reason for the new casting for '73 instead of using the larger valve/throat earlier castings.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the clarification. Either way I still have a good base for a set of heads, I figure $100 is fair, but I'm taking any offers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know it has been a long time since you posted this, however do you still have the heads? One of mine has developed a crack and cannot be repaired. Thanks!

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts