Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is a 73 at the junkyard right now. not alot of good stuff on it, but there is some. interior is blue. dash is crap, front door panels arent good either. rear door panels... errr, i dont remember. the original radio is in there, am/fm. the center grill is trashed, but the rest of the grill doesnt look too bad at all. the taillight lenses are cracked. ummm it has a Console too. it has a break near the ashtray, but the rest looks ok. body panels look good. but thats not something i wanna ship. oh yeah, complete 2bbl 351C as well.

·
Registered
160 Posts
ashtray

I might be interested in the ashtray insert if its still there. Just let me know if that is available.

·
Registered
197 Posts
how about an automatic shift knob?...trunk lock? and battery tray? thanks:1poke: kyle:1poke:

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you mean the ashtray itself?? yeah, thats still there. umm yeah the shift knob is there too. i need an allen wrench to take that off right? ( im really not sure ) battery tray is there i think and im not sure about the trunk lock. the trunklid was just wide open there. ill take a look tomorrow.

·
Registered
160 Posts
ashtray

Yes the ashtray itself will work as my console is missing the actual metal insert part of the ashtray and to answer your question about the shifter handle yes all you should need is a allen head.

Thanks Richard.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool, ill hit the junk tomorrow. see if that car almost breaks my thumb again, ouch

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got the shift knob, got the ash tray, got the grill, got the radio and Bezel ( those are going on Ebay ) umm, the trunk lock was there, but i couldnt get it today.. didnt have anything to pry the clip off with and my hands are too manly to fit in that opening and get a grip on it. :D the battery tray was corroded beyond belief as well. but the parts are in, ill take pics soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts