Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its that time. My guy is about to get started stripping this loaded car.
Yes the car does have frame rust and quarters are rusting at the bottoms.

Have title.
This is what the car has on it.
Complete black xr7 interior, bucket seats,rear back seats,door panels(power windows style),rear panels(power windows),seatbelts,dash,console.
Convertibe top frame,motor,switch and wiring.
XR7 dash wiring,tail light wiring,engine harness
tilt column
front disc brakes
9 inch rear end
351c 2 barrel
power steering
ac set up
wheel P1020679.jpg lips
luggage rack
fenders
hood
front grill set up
bumpers have rust crust on them
rocker trim
glass and more
lower dashframe
email me your list put i P1020677.jpg n title from 72xr7 convertible so I know which car or parts.
this is used parts.
Ill attach some pictures as they come out.
[email protected]
8438716140 P1020667.jpg i havent cleaned up any of the car part so ill take some after they are cleaned too..

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
P1030983.jpg P1050017.jpg P1050012.jpg P1050018.jpg P1050037.jpg
ok guys stripping started, on the 72 convertible xr7, unfortunately, the car is very rusted up ,but loaded with parts, as for the rusty questions,the quarter at the bottom behind the tires,doors,under the inside edge bottoms,fenders by all edges at bottom,trunk underneath inside, same with hood. (IFyou need the top portion of a quarter or around the top,let me know before we scrap it), now I have a few picture of some parts my guy got off and are ready.Remember, this is a xr7,convertible, ac,power steering,disc brakes, 351c 2b,tilt column,power windows.
I have 4 nice xr7 used hubcaps,one i saw with a scratch on it small,rockers trim(just need a good polish),dash pad black uncrack, black console(one little cig burn on it,and the top pad is fading in color),more too come..email me direct i have a few more pictures of items if needed.Remember Im not that up on 71-73 so if something interchanges and dont interchange with each year please know in advance. thanks [email protected] 843 8716140

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
P1030979.jpg P1050009.jpg P1030981.jpg P1030975.jpg P1050023.jpg
ok, a very nice set of front marker cover grills, rear valance, might have a slight indent in it hard to tell,but looks like it. very nice front nose piece not broken, headlight grills,ofcourse has some slight pitting inside the edges,This rear quarter has a dent and rust bhind the tire,but the top is good if you need some metal, then I found in the trunk a perfect black boot cover and original bag!!! more too come..wheel lips sold. [email protected] or call 843 871 6140 I prefer some of the bigger fragile parts to be picked up,like console.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
P1030995.jpg P1030989.jpg P1050025.jpg P1030997.jpg P1030980.jpg ok a few more
rear bumper is pretty straight, has some rust on it, have all the rear convertible trim,the hood trim pieces 3 pieces, tail lights are very nice, the rear rubber trim all 3 pieces came off nicely, then the tilt column will be coming out soon,steering wheel has a couple cracks on it, remember these are used items..thanks [email protected] or call 843 8716140

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
P1030993.jpg P1050003.jpg P1050020.jpg P1050001.jpg P1030999.jpg ok found SOME nos parts too in the trunk, NOS radiator holder i believe,also,a set of nos door weather stripps in the box,but the box was little damaged,but not the seals,then this other NOS piece,some used door edge guards,then a straight front bumper core,has crust on the bottom,send all emails please to [email protected] or call 843 8716140 thanks have a nice day. Ill get pictures of the other parts as they come off car next week more..

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Homer
Center grill sold last night sorry
I have a NOS one still too
alot more used parts too
Ill be making a trip to tampa area soon,if you need any big items and your close, I can bring them if need be
call me direct 843 8716140
or email me and ill let you know what still is here thanks

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Yarby
I am going to try to keep all the power window stuff as a package deal complete first. But if I decide to part it piece by piece Ill keep you posted.Just hate to break up a complete set up for something like that. Sorry.
Youll be the first to know if I do.
guys the radiator,the shroud,the wiper arms,have sold.(i do have one more radiator shroud)
do have the little rubber piece that attached to the shroud and the vent covers came off today.
I checked the front marker lights on these and the taillight lens and see no cracks on them too for those that asked.
thanks
will be out in Tampa,Florida area this end of week if you need anything on my way down i95 to i4, let me know soon.
That console would be perfect for someone wanting a black one with the clock,dash pad,is perfect(my opinion),rocker trims are reallly straight,and that boot cover cant believe no one needs a black almost new looking,with the bag to put it in!!
get them while you can. 843 8716140 [email protected]
I wont have any of the disc brakes or cluster dash stuff off probally in time.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
P1050143.jpg P1050146.jpg P1050145.jpg P1050147.jpg P1050140.jpg ok the 72 convertible is slowly getting stripped,but here are a few pictures, am/fm radio, disc brakes, power steering set up,disc brake set up,tilt column,steering wheel, dash parts, still have console, and radiator shroud,and all interior mainly left. I checked door panels,driver side had a few extra screws holding them on the door bottom edge,and the passenger side isnt too bad,a couple clips holes might have to be fixed but nothing wrong with the fronts.Rears will be coming out this week they look great, along with the convertible back seats all black leather. Email me direct for used parts from this thread state what year and what condition and style you need please. [email protected] or call 843 8716140, ball season has started so bare with me and ill get you pictures of what you need. Remember this car has tilt,power windows,convertible complete,all wiring and more..

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
P1030487.jpg P1050085.jpg P1050141.jpg P1050142.jpg here are some pictures of what hte engine has on it, we took all the pulleys and brackets off,they are available, along with the power steering set up,i found some used toggles too,and some crest frames, email me Ill be trying to get all this wiring out soon so if your need something let me know, its a convertible and it does have power windows,tilt,and more..thanks

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hubcaps gone guys,I will have door hinges,hood hinges and pulley from this car too,if your looking let me know. They were already pulled before I took the pictures. Please email me what your looking for and ill check. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey I have all the window trim, off for this car, and some other parts, I have the radiator shroud now available again and the upper radiator supports, if your looking, Please just ask.
[email protected]
or call 843 8716140
thanks
John
have a great weekend.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey guys and gals, still alot of parts are available from this car,the dash pad and console are really really nice, and all wiring is still on this car, along with the original boot cover,just ask and ill post a picture or let you know if its still here. Thanks
John

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, my parts puller got back over and removed a few more items from this convertible yesterday. Motor and tranny are out and ready. Plus the tilt column with ragjoint, the shifter,the rear markers,the driver side mirror remote,rear black interior panels(have hole for the power windows), rear seat(top has a couple tears on it),bottom i P1050507.jpg s great,the front seats,driver had some wear in it from aging,but not bad for a daily driver(still have the console,the dash pad,power windows options, P1050497.jpg the rear trim for xr7 around back window,the front headlight stuff,tail lights,all wiring,front dash,and more) driver side quarter skin isnt too bad,a l P1050496.jpg ittle work needed, the passenger sorry is toast. Still has all convertible parts too. Email me with what you need. [email protected]
or call 843 8716140 P1050501.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey you guys and gals, IM putting out a fire sale on these parts off this 72 convertible xr7, time for some stuff to go.
remember shipping for big items can be done by Bus too.
Send all your request to my email address with what year and what part your looking for
Black dash pad very very nice 300.00
Black console(has a couple cig burn marks,nothing major),has clock in it too 325.00
black boot cover 125.00 original
black boot bag original 75.00
rear black interior panels(has cutouts for power windows) 150.00
disc brakes spindles,calipers,rotors,and hoses 225.00(heavy for shipping)will need cleaned and refurbed
power steering set up linkage,the steering box,and all control linkage from side to side,125.00 shipping again heavy
radiator shroud 351 c,2 barrel style,ac car, its 75.00
xr7 dash wiring off the back of the lower dash frame 125.00
power window wiring for the doors,and the rear windows, and power window motors,regulators,and all the switches 950.00
xr7 trim around back window to the trunk area, 225.00 xr7 style 4 piece set up
rocker trim 2 each 125.00 good shape
engine wiring harness from firewall up to the front area of battery 75.00 xr7 style
tilt steering column with the rag joint(no wheel),375.00
am/fm radio 125.00 untested
disc brake pedal housing 65.00 with pedal
convertible top frame 200.00
driver remote mirror 125.00
trunk turn signal unit 35.00
tail light wiring 75.00
tail lights with covers 75.00
rear seat black leather, top piece has some tears, bottom all goo, 125.00 shipping by BUS
brake booster disc style 50.00
door ajar mechanisms for doors 75.00 a set xr7 style
front stainless window trim 4 pieces 150.00
corner front marker grill covers 50.00
351c,2 barrel carb down to oil pan and tranny, 575.00 already pulled,pick up only(no pulleys,but are available too,has ac and power steering pump brackets available too)
9 inch rear end 250.00
ill have many other little things available too
front seats,door panels,lower dash frame, xr7 cluster,hood hinges,rear bumper valance,driving lights,Driver side quarter skin isnt too bad if needed, it needs just a little repair...
call or email me
843 8716140
tell me the price you have been quoted on this site in your email please ill keep list updated as I go through and get more ready to go from the car.
have a nice week

·
Registered
398 Posts
Do you still have the trim that goes around the wheel well on the passenger side rear and if so is is still in good shape and also how much

Also i sent you a message a while ago regarding a grill for that car , i think i recall you saying you had an oem one if so how much was that

Last thing is do you still have the steering wheel if so how much

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Homer. sorry the grill sold long time ago,and the wheel lips that were on this car. I only have NOS ones for it. Thanks
John.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts