Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

My 72 XR7 instrument pod lenses are fogged over and I want to remove them so I can try my hand at buffing them clear again if possible. I read through DavidPowell's posting and found a lot of good info on his experience but I'm not quite sure just how far I need to go to get the lenses out. I've got the dash pad plate off, and most of the screws out. I've only lightly tugged so far but I keep looking at the radio and the AC controls hoping against hope I don't have to yank those too but I'm thinking there's no avoid it.

David's posting covers a full removal and I only want to remove the burled wood covering. Anyone have some insight into removing just that part or what I need to do if it's more difficult than that?

Thanks!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I did this job on my car earlier this year.In order to get the lenses out you have to remove the gauge pods.The radio bezel needs to come out for sure.It seems like an intimidating job but take time and you will see that you can do this.The results you get on your lenses will be well worth it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the insight! I was able to get it undone and swapped out the lenses. It wasn't that difficult after all!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts