Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my baby, I have owned it for about 6 years. It has been parked just over a year now. It has a short in the electrical system. Somewhere in the ignition switch I think. All I know is I keep blowing fuses in my fuseable link. If this sounds familiar to anybody, can you please let me know of any possible solutions. Thank you.:1zhelp:

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
WOW!

that is one SWEET cougar, joe! it looks brand new!

regarding your electrical problem, i'm sure you'll get some responses here but you might get more answers from the yahoo cougar group. if you aren't already a member, you might check it out. there are over 1000 members and many of them are serious motorheads. i'll post the link in the next reply.

of course, many here are, too.

·
Registered
364 Posts
yahoo classic cougar group link...

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CLASSIC-COUGARS/?yguid=91773048

i should have added to that first reply that regardless of what the poll on the homepage says, SOME of us think the 72 and 73 are the best designed of all the classic cougars (me for one.) they definitely show the transition from the sixties look to the seventies and the have more style - less a muscle car and more a work of art.

there, i said it. so sue me, you muscleheads!

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Sweet cat I love the top! That body style is truely graceful. I'll have to see if I can dig up some pics of my 73........

Don

·
Registered
406 Posts
I like the Cragers, and yes it does look brand new! It looks like you really know how to take good care of it - Chad

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
72 cougar

Nice car, I wish I had one of those to cruise around in when I want to go the speed limit.....lol j/k had to try and get on 73's nerves a little now seriously my wife could drive it....lmao
Sorry Joe I really do love your car !!!!
John

·
Registered
364 Posts
hey, john...

whay they putting in the water up there these days???

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah I would be happy if i could just do the speed limit lately, since it is not running. I hope on getting it running soon, I will post a message when i do.
Hey thanks for the info on the cougar club, joined yesterday, nice club.

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
HEY! Someone stole my 'Beta Cat'!

Seriously though, that is one sweeeeet looking Cat! So that's what mine are supposed to look like, eh? My Beta Cat looks just like this one, although it is a 73. Same Pewter Metallic, same black 1/2 top, same black interior. Mine sits on restored 14" painted Magnum 500s from a Granada.

I was thinking of changing the color of mine since I have a lot of buddies with Pewter 71-72 Mach 1s, but that looks so good maybe I'll have to leave it alone. That way I'll have Silver and Gold. (Alpha Cat is paint code 6F - Bright Gold Poly) It doesn't hurt that I bought the paint already -- if its still good after 16 years! The problem is that Pewter is one PITA to lay down right. There's almost no pigment to the paint, just metallics in clear. I was seriously thinking of making mine a Burnt Orange Metallic color they had in 69. It would definatly be different!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Joe B...

have you got that fusable link problem fixed yet? someone on the group email list (Paul garvin, i think) just had that problem and finally fixed it. if yours is still on the fritz, email him directly and i'm sure he'd be happy to help you find the problem. if you can't find his email on the list, let me know. i have it somewhere...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
fuseable link

NO; I havent got thefuseable link fixed yet. That would be great if you could get me the email. I really would appreciate it.
Thanks;
Joe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts