Mercury Cougar Owners banner

72 cougar convertible

6K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Cougar Kitty 
#1 ·
I own this 72 cougar convertible, and I'm finding out more and more how rare these parts are to get. I need some interior parts, plastic trim panels in the rear, just below the window. If anyone out there has a remanufactured company they know of, I would appreciate the knowledge.

#2 ·
Forum Search for Info

Here are a few suggestions:

1) Do a thread search here for basic info.

2) There are plenty of vendors associated with this site that would have the parts you need if they are available in reman. or even used (John's, West Coast, etc.)

3) Review the "For Sale" forum here for parts. There are always a few 123 cats being parted out at any one time.

4) Post on "Parts Wanted" forum.

5) Listen to others on this forum much more knowledgeable than me (my best suggestion so far!)

Good luck and GO 'STROS!

#3 ·
No one remanufactures interior parts for the 71-73 Cougar that I know of but, some will restore them. Find parts through eBay or auto salvage yards or here on this forum. I hope this helps you.

#4 ·
instill787 said:
I own this 72 cougar convertible, and I'm finding out more and more how rare these parts are to get. I need some interior parts, plastic trim panels in the rear, just below the window. If anyone out there has a remanufactured company they know of, I would appreciate the knowledge.
Hi, I am parting a 73 convert. is there anything you need?
Thanks
Ken

#5 ·
I need wheel lip mouldings especially, the passenger side rear. Also, what kind of wheels does it have? I'm looking for the 5 slot with the center cap and beauty rings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.