Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New to the board, looks like a pretty cool place!

I have a 1972 conv. cougar XR-7, 351C, straight body, 3rd respray (would be good except for a large scratch on the hood... stupid garage doors) I'm in the process of cleaning her up for sale so LMK if you want to get it before I spend the money. She has been parked since early 1996 in my parents garage in Los Angeles, CA. Apparently I've lost my lease on the space and she has to go. I would much rather sell her to a cougar enthusiast that back to someone who wont appreciate her. I took these pictures today, I'll pull her out when I have more time and clean her up.

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Price? Condition? Does it run? Mileage? Options? :1poke:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Price?
7500 OBO
Condition?
  • body is perfect except of a pinky sized dent on front fender which can be easily pulled.
  • Bumpers are straight but need to be rechromed
  • Mileage is 66941
  • Trans is leaking
  • Small tear in the roof
Does it run?
yes but hasnt been driven much.
Options?
Im not really up on cougar options... what was standard? It has buckets seats, clock, A/C, (the brake pedal says disc brakes but I'm not sure)...

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Maybe I'm out of line? $7500? A little pricey for a 72 that needs anything. Watch e-bay and see what they bring. mm

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
what should they go for? I looked at traderonline.com and thats the range I saw. Also my car has 1/2 the mileage of most I saw for sale.

Sorry, I wasnt as clear as I thought I was. I'm going to take care of the trans in the next few weeks and clean the car up. When thats done I was going to get the hood repainted. The asking price represnets the cars condition in a month or two. The point of this post is to see if anyone wanted to make an offer before I get into it...

-Syn

·
Registered
364 Posts
72? Mostly, maybe...

While you're painting that hood, you might want to find the 72 trim for the grille. That's a 73 trim and maybe the whole hood...

$7500 is way pricey for non-original. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
72!

I see a few nonoriginal parts on this car. Needs some rechroming too. What about the interior, motor, rust underneath? Odometer mileage only has 5 digits. Could have 100,000 something. Way too pricey. Wow! Mine is worth more than I thought! By the way...beautiful car! Wouldn't mind having it sitting next to mine!:p:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Where are you?....for the group.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts