Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought this radio off of Ebay a few months ago with the intention of using it in that 71 Mach1 that i WAS gonna get. not that that project has gone and been sent to purgatory, i no longer need this radio. when i got it i noticed that it had "Audiovox" on the back of it. now, i dont think this is original, but i still plan to sell it. If anyone here wants it ill give ya first shot before it goes to Ebay. make an offer for it. i paid too much for it to begin with, but hey, im not gonna use it anymore anyway. if this is a reproduction, it seems pretty good. the knobs are correct as far as i know, and i was told that it was worked. ( the guy was parting out the car, nasty rear end wreck ) well, here are some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
heres the back of it

Attachments

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just another shot of the front. as far as i know it should fit 71 - 73 Stangs, Cougars and well, probbaly others as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Steve your right about it not being an original, but Audiovox done a good job of making the front look like a original. Your also right it is a 71 or newer style.

I sold a original 1978 Ford town and country radio on e-bay awhile a go and it brought like $75. Kinda thought it would have brought more, but the 71 up style is pretty common. mm

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont think it will fit the 69. the black trim around the face makes it too wide for the 69s trim piece around in the center of the dash. i looked at that when i got it and compared it to mine. might put it on Ebay, but i dont know what its worth. it is a repro, but still...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts