Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has bought one let me know where ? I looked on summit and have ordered a "Be Cool" 18x31 Alum Radiator (Universal ) but the darn thing wont be shipped till "MAYBE" 9/17/02 i cant wait that long .... So im hoping someone has found a better place ...I found nothin at jegs also .... If you know of a better place let me know ,,, im not just looking for Be Cool products it can be any Alum Radiator company .... Thanks

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
As far as I know, the 71 429 radiator is the same as the 351C-4V w/air radiator. Three core. Since our Cats are the same as Mustangs under the skin, you can check with the Mustang vendors if you haven't already. I'm sure at least one of them would have a three row you can use.

My one buddy who put the 514 into his 71 Mach just had a four core made up at a local radiator shop, using his original end tanks. Actually, I think it is really only a three core, but is thicker than the usual three core. I do know for sure that it is the full depth of the stock side tanks.

Why, may I ask, are you insistant on an aluminum cored radiator? Just curious.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Yeah, me too. Why the aluminum? I have used plenty of both regular and aluminum and have not seen any real advantage to cooling with the aluminum in my stock cars. Like CJ said you should be able to get a sufficent radiator to bolt right in. Try Mustangs Unlimited, they done well for me. mm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts