Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you know I sold my 67 std (Mistress) this last spring. Well I just picked up a 71 std convertible. Vin #1F92M510886 76D B 5D 6 U A7. Seems kind of rare as it went to Canada's Pacific DSO Maroon metallic with red vinyl knit and 351 4 bbl. Hope to post pics soon.

·
Premium Member
4,097 Posts
Was that the one on Seattle Craigslist?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I've been talking with them for several months and got them down to 4k.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Cool! Can't wait to see some pics :)

·
Premium Member
4,097 Posts
Here are a couple from the dealers craigslist add.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for those pics I didn't realize till I got home that the wheel lip mouldings were the stick on kind, or that the rear view mirror was missing on the inside but the good news is the mirror was in the glove box and there was all new nos moldings in the trunk!! I spent today cleaning and fixing little things, the hood buffed out pretty good. It seems to be original paint and interior and I think I'll leave it this way. I'm going to use it pretty much as a daily driver. I do see some Magnums for it in the future!!!

·
Premium Member
4,097 Posts
I think you got a good deal for a nice car. The Magnums will dress it up nicly. I would also put a color matching drivers side Sport mirror on it. Don should haveone in stock that only needs to be painted to match.
Enjoy it.

·
Administrator
13,577 Posts
Good deal indeed! Congrats!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts