Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello cougar lovers,

I posted a while back about possibly parting out 2 cougars, and decided to hold off until I got my other projects completed. I recently bought another Mach 1 and decided to part the cougars to help fund this project. Here's a list of a few of the parts and descriptions.

1 black dash pad. No cracks on top or front, one 2" hairline crack on right side on curve where windshield pillar and door meet dash. Can't be seen with door closed.

2 black door panels. No cracks in molded armrests, but there is some bubbling of the vinyl.

1 71 tach dash with lenses.

Several sets of taillights and bezels.

One nice windshield....this would have to be picked up.

Lots of other parts, basically the 72 is complete so it should have anything someone would need.

I'm located in Bismarck ND. If anyone is interested in buying one or both of the cars/parts, just email me.

I also listed these cars locally so they are subject to prior sale.

Zane

·
Registered
364 Posts
Power windows?

If either has power windows, I need the two front switches. Not harnesses, just switches and lead wires. Email me directly at [email protected]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, neither has power windows.

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Any help with the trunk weatherstrip channel I need? See related thread in parts wanted for particulars...

Thanks
Milo

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Weather strip channel

Both of mine are in the 1st stages of rust on the channel only about a foot on either side of the latch. I was just going to piece in some from one of my other fords but never got around to it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got seats?

I don't have any seats with original cougar upholstry. I do have a pair I recovered using standard 71 mustang upholstry in black.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Zane

Welcome back!
Haven't heard from you in a long time!

Ahhh...bought another Mach 1 and getting rid of the Cougars...Shame on you! At least we get first shot at them!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome back

Thanks for the welcome Cougar Kitty.

BTW, to everyone who is interested in the cougar parts, you will have to re-email me. My motherboard went out on Wednesday, so I had to copy all the info to my new pc, but unfortunatly lost all my emails, contacts etc. Thanks.

Zane

·
Registered
751 Posts
seat base

I have a perfectly fine seat back. I just need the seat base in good working order. I'd prefer with all the safety stuff (weight sensor) intact, and will be happy to buy just the base from you, or the whole trhing, doesn't matter. I'll attach my own seat back to the base and keep the embelm. LEt me know what you think. Email, Private Meassage, here, it doesn't matter. I just want it fixed.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
NoKitten

I am still waiting on my parts car. I just wanted to update you on this. Have you had any luck with getting any seats so far?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Kitty-

All my supposed help (a corrections officer that moonlights as a mechanic at the only shop in town I trust) keeps puttin' me off. It feels like I'll never get to drive it. I hope to nail down a seat pretty soon. I'm trying for a bezel for the radio, as well.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Kitty & Zane

Thanks Zane, for the seats and radio bezel. Going on the prowl for an oe look AM/FM cassette-CD set up. Kitty, let me know when ya get that parts car, I want mine to be the best of two 73 xr7's in town.:D

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
NoKitten

I see you figured out the avator under your name...cool!

Congrats on finding the seats and radio bezel.

Still waiting on the parts car:(

·
Registered
751 Posts
Kitty

Patience is a must. I have plenty of time for cleo, outside of school, work, and a relationship. I hope I do, at least. Also, I'll be sure to update the images in my photo gallery fairly often, so evey one can see the progress on it. Expect a color change about April.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
NoKitten

What color are you painting Cleo?
Thought you liked the color.;)

·
Registered
751 Posts
Same color as my mom's truck, Dark grey w/ a Black roof. Kuro Neco.:D Black cat in Japanese (I study a couple of languages on the side). I'm also throwing around a few performance modification ideas....

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
NoKitten

What are you doing with the original parts after you modify? I hope you sell them to the Forum and not trow them away.

Dark grey is a nice color for a Cougar. Are you leaving the interior Ginger? I myself, am not too sure about the color combination. A black interior with dark grey would look a hell of a lot better but, that's me. You can dye the interior. Take a vote with the Forum.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Heard from my mom (who talked to one of the less biased mechanics at my shop) that I may have to find a body doner for cleo, cuz of all the rust on her underside. Will probably bee looking for one after I pay her and the shop bills off (fairly soon I hope).

As to the color, I'm going to leave it original for awhile, til a color for the int. strikes me. And a black int is too hot for Yuma, AZ. Summer's are around 110 to 120 F.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
whoo hoo! A scorched butt!:D Black "is" hot!
Sorry, to hear that you got more rust than you thought...usually do and it always seems to take more money/time than you thought too. I got a bundle in Kitty but, over 8 years she is still cheap!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts