Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Do you know if it works? Good price.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know if it works? Good price.
Not sure Bad. I just took it out of the '71 I just got. She is sitting waiting for the motor to be put back together and in so haven't had a battery in car to test. If someone could tell me what wires to hook up to what so I don't blow it up I will test it. Has 2 pigtails: one with a yellow/black and a green/red wire, and the other with a solid white, solid orange, & a solid purplish wire. The 3-wire harness goes in the radio on the side of the radio towards the back along with a wire that comes from what looks like a capacitor, and from the 2-wire harness the green/red wire goes in the radio on the top towards the front while the black/yellow goes into the said capacitor. Interestingly there is what appears to be very old masking tape across the bottom side of the radio with a name/phone number, the name of a Winston-Salem, NC dealership that is still there, a work order # and the words "Rt speaker intermittent". Guess she had to be worked on at one time. I am assuming the name is a previous owner. On another smaller piece is a 5-digit number and the 1st name of the dealership.Stamped on the top of the display area is the date JAN 11 1971. I know I know. super long post just to say I don't know if it works or not... LOL!!!

Thanks
Chuck

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
:wave:pM sent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts