Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Out of interest [and major boredom] I made a list of all the 71-73 cougar owners, anyone got any additions or deletions?
Skater32 1971 Std 429CJ
71cat 1971 XR7
dalerivers 1971 XR7
olle_m 1971
drush5 1971 XR7 Conv
gatorphan 1971 Std
72cat 1972 XR7
Codenamecougar1972 XR7 Conv
Cougar72 1972 XR7
CougarKitty 1972 XR7
73XR-7owner1972 XR7 Conv
1973 XR7
73XR7 1973 XR7
Cougrrcj 1973 XR7
1973 XR7
Rbaney 1973 XR7
Zero Tolerance1973 XR7
NoKitten 1973 XR7
sqqmkg 1973 XR7 Conv
RAD 1973 XR7
Ricky2 1973 Std

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
72 cat, how about skater32. I beleive he's got the 71 429 cj car??
Jon

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jon, he is now in.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
better list

·
Registered
751 Posts
Proud to own a Cat big enough for a tall guy like me. After terrible feelings of claustraphobia in dinky little Toy's and a slightly cramped sensation (knees against the steering column) in a late model Mustang, the 73 big cougar is a nice and roomy choice for me.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm a short $*it, so I have the opposite problem trying to reach the accelerator, age has rendered the moving parts of the seat virtually inoperable, Hubby is 6.2" so he is quite happy.

BTW, I had a cat called Cleo [furry one] and its nice to see you have called your cat that, brings back memories.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Oh roomy, yes it is! It's a very pleasant feeling after driving the (shudder) GMC S-15 for a few weeks, then hopping into the Corruptor for a little drive. S-t-r-e-t-c-h them legs out...ahhh.

·
Contributing Member
246 Posts
My wife has a 71 standard conv. White with black top and interior.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh yeah, I remember now, when is she going to do some posting on the forum, she did once if I remember correctly, [age is slowing down my brain cells].

·
Registered
751 Posts
Aged Well

72cat-

What do you mean old? What exactly are you implying about my mother? You're not even 40 yet! You're still young! Cars age differently then people. At 40, a car's old, but at 40 a person still has plenty of time left. And you're still not forty yet.:angryfi:

Don't get me started on stupid age laws here in Arizona....:mad:

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm hoping thats a compliment, when it comes to this time of the morning I feel old, its now about 3.15am. What stupid age laws do you guys have in Arizona?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Arizona Gambling

Over here, most things can be done at 18. In most places, drinking alcohol is the only thing that requires the person to be 21. Arizona has a state lottery, a form of gambling, that used to be open to those over 18. Fine by me, I'd waste a couple bucks, maybe have it come right back to me, no big deal.... Now, in June, the state's raising the gambling age to 21:mad: :angryfi: In Las Vegas, Nevada, They serve alcohol at the card tables and other stuff, so it makes sense to have the gambling age at 21. What bugs me is that I can go to war and die, but they keep sapping little liberties from those in age limbo (18-21).:mad: :mad: :mad: :angryfi: :angryfi: :newburn:

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Over here the minute you turn 18 you're an adult, can't drink till you're 18, can't drive till you're 18, voting, gambling etc. The only thing you are allowed to do at 16 is smoke, its against the law to smoke under the age of 16, not that I've noticed it stopping most kids.

·
Registered
751 Posts
18 to smoke here. Drive at 16. at least you can do some good things before your an adult.:)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
No bickering allowed!

Hey, guys and gals!
Hope, you all have pictures in the Gallery of these fine automobiles and of yourselves!

Wish, Logan would have an inventory list of how many of each year Cougars on this Club (like a restristy)....hint, hint?

Thanks for posting this list Dayle! COOL!
Parts cars should count too.

1971-6
1972-5
1973-10
:)

·
Registered
600 Posts
Yo yo glad to see i am on the list:)
Almost had to delet me ...thank god a friend convinced me otherwise...

Ron you do the same thing i used to do when i first had mine and started posting here i called it a RX7 all the time...lol
Nice to another owner on here!

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I too used to be dyslectic but I'm KO now....

I had two 73s back in the day!!!! On eday I'll find those picsLOL

Don

·
Registered
614 Posts
Well, the car's in there...never did get around to uploading a picture of myself. Nobody wants to see that anyway! Besides, some of you will get an eyeful of me at the East Nationals....so get those cameras ready!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts