Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
71-72 or 73? The 71-72 were much taller, going up into the hood notch and down into the front bumper drop. The 73 is much shorter since the front bumper is straight across and has the wide hood moulding attached to the hood opening above the grille.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Grille

Yep, they are definetly not the same. 71-72 is. 73 is not.;)

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DIWB-8A-133 IS PART NUMBER 71 -72 I GUESS. NO CRACKS THE CENTER EMBLEM IS MISSING THANKS GEOFF 918-686-6410

·
Contributing Member
246 Posts
Do you have pictures?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
marty, i am in process of stealing a camera for all this stuff but do not at this time grill is solid no cracks solid b part thanks geoff

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
$45 is a good price. I have a good used 71/2 grille w/one crack I want $90 plus $10 shipping on. I have camera if anyone is seriously interested. We also can repair and plate pot metal if you need.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Wish, I knew that before. I bought a 71-72 grill with XR-7 emblem for a spare for $325 in good condition from Ed Drodz. Great deal!

·
Contributing Member
246 Posts
I want it!

I want it. Send me an email or private message with the particulars.
Marty

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Marty

Steve Manno is bringing the Cougar down this weekend.
Make arrangements with him about your parts. It's ok with me!;)

Maybe, I'll have extra parts "For Sale" soon.:D

·
Contributing Member
246 Posts
Thanks! I'll try to get in touch with him.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Anytime!!;)

·
Contributing Member
246 Posts
Money on the way

Eliminatorguy:
The money went out to you Tuesday. Let me know if you don't receive it in a day or two.

·
Contributing Member
246 Posts
What else?

Thanks eliminatorguy;
We look forward to getting the parts. I sent you an email request about some 67-68 parts. Let me know if you don't get it. Trouble with my email at work.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Marty

Steve's health is getting worse and he has no money to bring the car down. I have to go get it. I need a trailer hitch put on and I think I can go get the car in the next couple of weeks. Oh, well...he DID try.

·
Contributing Member
246 Posts
Steve

Cougar Kitty;
Sorry to hear Steve isn't feeling well. Please pass along my wishes for him to feel better.
I know that you are anxious to get you car, I wish you best of luck. I'm sure you already know, but plan your trip to miss the entire DC area during rush hour(s). What a nightmare of traffic.
The cost of tolls caught me off-guard. I think going out of or into Maryland or Delaware cost me about $20 because of my plates on the truck and towing a trailer. :eek2:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Marty

I checked around to have a trailer hitch put on my truck and it cannot pull that much weight. It does not have the tow package with the transmission cooler. I would burn up the transmission.

The U-Haul would cost me about $900 plus gas both ways and the damn tolls.................so, I need to forget about it.:( :(

·
Contributing Member
246 Posts
Cougar Kitty

Sorry to hear that! Wish there were some way I could help.
:thinkuh: Keep trying! Maybe Steve will come up with a way.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts