Mercury Cougar Owners banner

101 - 120 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Count me in!! 1971 Cougar, non-XR7. It is a light brown, with black leather interior. Engine rebuild just finished along with tranny. Got a C6 tranny with the strengthening ribs. 351 C 2 barrel carb. Still in the shop cause the douche who owned it before put an aftermarket vinyl top, and NAILED it in!!! So yeah, there is a big hole in the centre of the roof now...she should be ready for driving by the end of august, but the roof isn't getting fixed till spring. My body guy is busy with my 1973 mach 1 for the next winter

·
Registered
557 Posts
hi there. I am new in here and new in web, but I am not sure is my connection working out propely. Just let me know am I "online".
Regs Jori
Hi Jori, welcome to the forum... you are online!

Nice pictures of your 1970 XR-7. Hope the heater works!

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Hey folks if you have a window sticker, an invoice, or an Eminger report, please post it over on the window sticker thread. We have a lot of in formation on the 71's thanks to Mitch, be we really need help with the 72 and 73.

Thanks, Bill B

·
I thought I changed this?
1,213 Posts
hey bill, my car's pretty much tucked up for the winter, my marti and eminger both live in it for going to shows.

i'll get it the next time i'm in the car, and post it up for you.

my car wasn't exactly highly optioned tho !!

Hey folks if you have a window sticker, an invoice, or an Eminger report, please post it over on the window sticker thread. We have a lot of in formation on the 71's thanks to Mitch, be we really need help with the 72 and 73.

Thanks, Bill B

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, I'm a new member from Palm Coast, Florida.

I have a 1972 XR7 convertible with a 351 Cleveland mated with a C6 automatic. I bought this car 3 years ago. I've since replaced the gas tank, fuel line, radiator, brakes and had it tuned up. It runs very smooth and fast. Its currently black, but eventually it will be painted white, its original color. The rear spoiler will be removed when it gets painted. I want it to look stock, but with a little bit more ponies under the hood.

When I was 16, I had a 1972 XR7 coupe with a 351 Windsor. White exterior, black vinyl half roof and black interior. I want that car back!

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have a 1973 Cougar Standard Convertible H code 351C 2V
I traded a 1985 Le Baron Convertible for the '73 Cougar Convertible and a '70 Cougar hard top. It had been sitting at my brother's home for the last two plus years in the Pasadena area since I moved to the Mountains. I finally brought it home two weeks ago. The first thing I did was paint it. I used the roll on Rust-Oleum paint method on it.

Sorry about the picture quality, my lens is scratched and a storm was moving in at the time I took the picture.

·
Registered
81 Posts
73 xr7

I have a 73 XR7 Convertible

My dad had a 71 XR7 coupe and I had a 74 XR7 in college.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Nice!

Trikar, whats up with the Cyclone in the picture next to the Cougar? Is that a 71 GT or Spoiler? I have one of each also, a 71 Cougar and a 71 Cyclone GT. Both of mine are in various stages of restoration though. Yours look ready for the show season.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Trikar, whats up with the Cyclone in the picture next to the Cougar? Is that a 71 GT or Spoiler? I have one of each also, a 71 Cougar and a 71 Cyclone GT. Both of mine are in various stages of restoration though. Yours look ready for the show season.
It is a 1971 Mercury Cyclone GT "M" code. I picked it up along with three truck loads of extra parts for $500. I was in the middle of working on it while I had the Cougar stored at one of my brother's home when my dad offered me his '99 Gran Ma, I passed on it because I already enough cars here, so my dad gave the car to my brother who in turn needed the space, so I had to bring the Cougar home, so I stopped work on the Cyclone GT and focused on the Cougar. I still need to install the new top on the Cougar and find some replacement door panels. I finally got my plates for the Cougar, I had to order a replacement Door tag www.martiautoworks.com in order to get the DMV to approve VIN verification.
Here are the stats from the Marti Report

Here is the Cyclone, but it is from my old camera with the scratched lens

I hope this was not off topic for this thread

·
Registered
1,291 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just put a set of 17x8 Shelby Torq Thrust M's with 4.5" backspacing on my stock suspension '67 XR7 and they look amazing!! No rubbing or fitment issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey, I have a 71 cougar xr7 convertible with a 351 cleveland.

101 - 120 of 173 Posts