Mercury Cougar Owners banner

41 - 60 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hello,

(1) 1973 xr7 convertible, white- white leather- 351 2v - C6 trans... 40,000 Actual miles
(2) 1973 xr7 hardtop, white - ginger leather - 351 2v - C6 trans
(3) 1973 xr7 hardtop, green - green leather - 351 2v -C6 trans

·
Registered
316 Posts
I just purchase a 1972 cougar with 57,000....... 1 Owner miles ....It had been sitting inside a barn for 25 years. The owners decided to sell it after the barn fell down around the car,

·
Registered
24 Posts
Car Show :)

Hello All. Just was going to tell you I took my 1973 to a car show last weekend and had a blast. I ended up taking 3rd in the stock class. I lost to two restored cars one was a 1969 Camaro and the other was a 1970 Chevelle. Mine is bone stock original never been touched cougar. So I am pretty happy.
Rob

·
I thought I changed this?
1,213 Posts
71 cat

mine's a 71 hardtop,302 with an edelbrock,currently bright orange with cow print !! seat covers. thanks last owner,way to go !!!!!
:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Here's my addition to your list: :D

73 Standard Convertible
351C-2V (now has a 351C-4V)
FMX
2.75 open rear end
Air Conditioning
Aqua
White Top (originally black, as were the side door guards)
White Interior

(That's my dad in the photo)

The VIN is 3F92H500035. Does anyone know how to find out how many Cougars were produced before number 35?

·
Registered
23 Posts
i have 2 71's and parted out 2 more....

ill post a pic when i re-scan the pics as jpg's of the best one. its a 351C 4V, C6, 3.00 9", XR7, rear defrost, power actuated front seat latches, door open buzzer, a/c, 65,000 original miles.

i have has a blue, green, yellow, and brown.blue and green were parts cars, and the yellow and brown are current cars. the yellow has 67,000 original miles, but is tore up and rusty. the brown has 67,000 original miles and is currently being "restored" i saw "restored", because it wont be stock. it will be show quality, but driven very often. i think it will look great with this 4" cowl induction hood that i made from scratch. it follows the stock body lines, but keeps the same angle on the sides of the scoop, so as it goes up, it gets narrower. it cleans up the lines of the stock hood. i also plan on making a custom taillight housing that will be similar to the stock lights, but will be strips of LED lights instead. i am working on a design for the front grille. i want a billet bar type grille, but would like it to go across the entire front end, like a "phantom grille". i just have not figured out the design yet. not sure if i want to modify the stock lines in te front to clean it up. if i leave the stock lines, it might look out of place. if i modify the lies, it might look too wierd. most of you probably think its gonna be wierd anyway, but lets see in a few years when it is actuall finished. ill post some pics of the cowl hood when i get a chance as well. i just wish my cars were with the hood, so i could put it on and see the finished look. ill keep everyone updated, but updates dont happen too fast with this car.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
71 XR7 3514v

Hey Guys,

I have completed my 71 cougar. It is a conv't, 351c 4v w/ a c6. Please add me to the owners list. Also, I tried to upload some pictures of my car on here, and it gave me a warning saying I didnt have permission. Can anyone help me with this?

Trey Doyle
Cullman, Al.

·
I thought I changed this?
1,213 Posts
Chuck Harris said:
Please add me to your list. I have this 1971 Standard Coupe 351C 2V.

Thanks,

Chuck Harris

beautiful car chuck.
:beer:
:beer:

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
WOW!!! That is one nice 3rd gen cat!!!!!! Love the color and the wheels Too!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
My Cougar

Guys,
I have a '71 Convertable, 351C 4V (Closed chamber), Top loader 4spd and Detriot locker Rear. Please add me to the list!!!!
Rick

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
hi, new here and my name happens to be Dayle too

Anywho, I have a 73 Cougar conv Ivy Green XR7
(for sale btw) very clean 123k on it

and a 71 copper xr7 conv 4 speed car too 91k on it.

also a 70 Eliminator factory sunroof car :)

Had: a 70 Boss Eliminator Grabber Green car too
many yrs ago, trying to buy it back now too
also a 71 Xr7 4 spd HT yrs ago with f/r sway bars and staggered shocks, very cool and
a 69 XR7 conv w/ Eliminator add ons for a cool look
also gone :(

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm new to the website. My Cougar was originally my Grandpas, then Grannies, then my Mom had it and now it's mine. She has 70,000 old
folks miles on her, and she's still totally original. I'm giving her some well
deserved attention. 72 XR7, H/T, 351C 2V, FMX. My photos won't upload
now, so I'll have to get back with the pics later.
Mike

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
1971 Cougar list updated, [my apologies for the slowness] 1972 updated as well.

41 - 60 of 173 Posts