Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this ad on CL. What a great old truck. I'd be tempted to clean it up and drive it as-is. I believe someone here bought a 4-spd GT from this dealer earlier this year.

http://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/2016574273.html

(not mine, just thought folks here would get a kick out of it)

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I'm a big fan of 70-71 Torino versions. I wonder if it would do a burn out.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
That would be a fun parts hauler. Too bad it is an automatic.

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Cool. And it has that little factory horizontal-sweep tach in the dash.....

One of my neighbors years ago had a dark green 70 Ranchero GT with a 429 and a 4-speed. Nice car.

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Me want... me want real bad...

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Only things I don't like are the colors inside and out Fugly ! I almost bought one back in the 70s used. It was light green with no stripes and a shaker and had 4.30 gears. What a sleeper it was(Except the shaker). When I went get the loan I was informed my wife at the time had loans out on all my cars. Even forged my name to do it....But thats another story...

·
Registered
928 Posts
That would be a fun parts hauler. Too bad it is an automatic.
Dave I've got the parts to make it a 4spd! Not my favorite color - but cool no less. You could have a non-blue car Dave!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Dave I've got the parts to make it a 4spd! Not my favorite color - but cool no less. You could have a non-blue car Dave!
I'm not crazy about the color also (I have owned 2 1970 Xr7's that color). One of my signature cars does not have any blue on it by the way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts