Mercury Cougar Owners banner

70k mile 2nd owner garage kept M code XR-7

5K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Pzappy 
#1 ·
I was flagged down while driving my 69 STD and asked if I would be interested in a survivor car that was 17 miles from my house. I will tell it as it was told to me. It has been owned by the same man since 1977. He purchased it from the original owner. It was always garaged and always pampered. The 2nd owner was working at a gas station down the street from a Country Club in Westchester County NY. He purchased the car in 77 with 12K miles on it. In 1982 the 2nd owner became the Pastor of his church in the town where the car is currently garaged. He passed away 4 years ago .....his beloved Cougar still under a cover in the garage. Thats the background. I have attached two video's of inspecting the car. It is an unreal original paint 70k mile survivor. I have too many Cats and this car currently out if my price range. The family is asking $12,500. Restored cars are regularly in the 20,s This car has NEVER been apart! Needs a headliner and a heater core. The fwd and aft side of the drivers quarter panel need repair. I have attached videos of the inspection. Let me know what you think
https://youtu.be/M2Zo8uyHucs
https://youtu.be/CFHjXLCUuN8

#3 ·
No...! They will not list the car....They want it to go to someone that will appreciate the car and the care it recieved since new. I told them about this site and gavr me permission to list it here. As usual ...space, time, money...I would love to own this car.....but would have to get out of my eliminator...the vert....the sunroof car ....

#4 ·
No...! They will not list the car....They want it to go to someone that will appreciate the car and the care it recieved since new. I told them about this site and gavr me permission to list it here. As usual ...space, time, money...I would love to own this car.....but would have to get out of my eliminator...the vert....the sunroof car ....

#7 ·
That is a nice looking Cougar. I love the color and that it's so original. I wish I had room for it at my place.

#8 · (Edited)
I am interested, could you send me the contact info please. I very much appreciate your videos. Have been looking for a while and this one is equipped exactly as I want. It is exactly like mine was except that mine had black interior. Hard to tell from your video for sure, but looks like mostly surface rust except for the quarter. were you able to inspect the trunk?? Thanks, Bruce

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Classic car Motor vehicle

Damn!!! Just realized that it is a 69, I was wondering how it had a 351. still interested though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.