Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1970 Cougar XR7 Coupe, Blue w/ Black Vinyl top. NO ENGINE OR TRANS!!! Body and interior only! Nice Black XR7 interior except for driver seat is torn. Console perfect. Dash is cracked and floorboards are rusty and headliner is old and rotted, but otherwise good interior for a 30+ y/o car. Window seals leak, but great glass and trim. Body is in great shape except for wrinkled hood. The driver door and fender were replaced when it was being towed and hitch broke. I was going to restore, but wife says no more projects, I have too many now, so the rebuilt 351c engine and FMX trans are coming out and going into my '67 Mustang Coupe. The rearend and front end componenets are being swapped as well due to being new/rebuilt already. So you get a solid body that would be great for parts or potential Prostreet Dragster. I am looking for $900 for the car. That is a pretty good deal for a solid body with very usable interior. I will deliver within a reasonable distance. I will post pics soon.

·
Registered
965 Posts
No motor, no transmission, no rearend or front end components, wrinkled hood, cracked dash, rotten headliner, rusty floorboards, leaky windows, and torn driver's seat. $900 How did you come up with this price?

·
Registered
965 Posts
What shape is the sheet metal, such as the fenders, doors, trunk? Also, are the chrome parts pitted? What about the stainless on the trunk,front end, and rocker mouldings? You might have several usable parts if they are in good shape but if they are rusted or pitted, you are way too high on your price. I might be interested in some of these if you part it out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My bad, I wrote it very early in morning (2am) and was just shooting a number out. I have seen far less go for alot more. I gave vivid description so there would be no misconceptions. It is a solid body with a straight frame. I would say its worth more like $700. It will be a rolling chassis with old rearend and suspension on it to get it on towtruck/dolly.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
How far would you be willing to drive? I am in PA and very interested but I dont want to go clear to GA. E-mail me if interested in driving part of the way. Send pics also if you have them. [email protected]
Thanks, Scott

1 - 9 of 9 Posts