Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Catz I was contacted today by a mechanic from the town of Sidney(one town over)and he has a very solid 70 XR7 for sale. Its currently blk with white vinyl top and a dark green leather interior. Car has 351C4V but comes with its original 2V.The engine is new w/200 miles on it and has a comp 275 dual pattern cam and 11.5:1 compression.Holley 600 no choke currently. 120,000 miles and owned for last 12 years by Steves wife who was the principal driver. I had Steve put the cat up on his hoist at his shop so I could inspect the under carriage. What I found was all new/ish upper and lower ball joints outer tie rod ends upper inner shafts and both PS hoses. I also noted new Dyna max aluminized exhaust new coil over shocks and has very good rotors and rear shoes but frt pads are getting thin.I took the opportunity to inspect torque boxes and rear 1/4s for rot and found none in torque boxes or floor pans period. The rear 1/4 behind and in frt of wheels is very good however the pass side is starting to bubble on outside.Could not find any rot in wheel house's. The drop offs have NO rust and the original rubber vent is still inplace/intact on pass side The drivers 1/4 has been partially replaced a long time ago and the job has endured well and does not detract at all from the rest of the cars condition.It was not a factory Ford replacement 1/4.Options include frt bumperrettes,pulse wipers,console,power windows and rear defog. The drivers seat is torn/worn at rear upper where the all go. Headliner is excellant and rest of interior is not bad condition however the rear package tray is looking old as is the top and paint job. Also needs me to do the xr7 emblems and clock work. Other areas needing work are the drivers door and probly best to reskin as it has several rust bubbless but the passdoor looks viable with just corners spottting.The car is straight and panels line up well. The data sticker is still intact on drivers door and several of the codes are visible including 65B G X and A7. Under the hood is a dressup kit and MSD5 ignition module. The rear is a 3.5 traclok and the original (3.25?) is available. If you are looking for a solid 70 xr7 this is your car come and get it. Priced at $6K US remember this cat has been garage kept and mechanic owned maintained past 12 years at least and is near rust free. They don't drive it any more and has been stored indoors at Steves Service overnight and placed outside during the day on every working day. I have some pix I took however my batteries went dead before I could take pix of under carriage and the problem areas. btw under hood typical spots are not rusted through but have the signs. This is one of the most solid original unrestored cars I have seen and well worth a call to Steve at 250 656 0412.I can email pix if needed as well. Thanks Catzyalater Ray

1 - 1 of 1 Posts