Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still looking for a nice 70 XR7 convertible. I got a few e-mails when I had the advertisement going last fall, but nothing that lead to a deal. Unfortunately I lost some of the e-mails I got from sellers, so I was unable to follow up.
If you are thinking about selling your 70 XR7 convertible please contact me and maybe we can work out something.
I am looking for a nice driver quality car and up. No basket cases or rust buckets in need of everything. 69 XR7 will also be considered.
Gry A S

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have one of those!

My father purchased the car used in December 1970. I was with him at the dealership in Los Gatos, California when he purchased it, one of my first memories. It has been in California and Nevada since it was new. I drove the car in high school (early 1980's) and have been trucking that thing around with me my entire life. It's not perfect but a very solid, drivable, and rare project car. Everything is original except the cylinder heads and wheels. I still have the original closed chamber cylinder heads in good condition but since they make 11:1 compression they don't work too well on pump gasoline. The car was originally that light lime green color and has the dark green leather interior. It's emerald green on the exterior now.

I'm in the process of deciding whether or not to restore it or let it go. The car has tremendous sentimental value and is fairly rare so I can't give it away if I sell. To those interested please send me a message with contact info. I'm about to put some pictures together.

Best Regards,

-R

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Catlike, your convertible sounds like it was purchased from the same dealer as my 1969 XR7.

Lago Lincoln-Mercury Inc.
15400 San Jose Ave.
Los Gatos, Ca. 95030
53C 266

·
Registered
7 Posts
Catlike, your convertible sounds like it was purchased from the same dealer as my 1969 XR7.

Lago Lincoln-Mercury Inc.
15400 San Jose Ave.
Los Gatos, Ca. 95030
53C 266
Thats the one!

To those who may be interested the VIN is OF94M525176.

Rick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts