Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bill,
if its not far from you and you got the time can you go take a look at it n pics?

thanks
pat

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
I'll try to get down to see it this weekend, if possible. I'm working at the store today and am hosting a Cougar/FTE event tomorrow. Otherwise, I'll arrange to see it Monday or Tuesday when I'm at my corporate job in the next town over from this car.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Pretty nice ad. Can't believe it hasn't sold yet. Maybe he's waiting for people to request all the pictures and videos he has of it.

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
I just got back from looking at this Cougar. Pictures to follow, but here's the basic description:

VIN 0F94H562914 - Door tag gone and VIN tag on dash almost unreadable. Same with buck tag, but did get pics and will try to enlarge them to see better what's on them. Car is stored in a rickety barn with a dirt floor and crowded on all sides with "stuff". Also in the barn were a '64 Galaxie convertible, a '64 Rambler convertible, and several oddball customs/kit cars/etc. All were being stored with windows down and subject to critter occupation.

Mustard yellow in color with saddle interior. Convertible top gone, but frame intact. Trunk lid heavily surface-rusted. Inside lip also heavily rusted, but not rusted through to the point of showing outside. Hood has some rust but will need to look at pictures to determine extent.

The interior is very rough. The door panels are missing, as is the center console. The inside windshield header is rusted to the point of requiring replacement. The dash pad looked OK, but was dust covered and in poor light so it would've been easy to miss something there. The two outboard switches were missing from the center area of the dash face, but that appeared to be in otherwise decent condition. I'd assume that the car will need new upholstery because the collection of trim parts stored in the interior made it tough to gauge overall condition.

The sheet metal actually looks fairly decent and the front floors were replaced before the car went into this storage. However, I'm in my corporate clothes and couldn't get down on the dirt to see what they looked like underneath. There is no carpeting in place.

The cowl is rusted, but the torque boxes are supposedly in good condition. The trunk drop-offs appeared to be in good shape looking from inside the trunk.

The front grille and headlight assembly has been completely disassembled and is scattered around the car. There may be pieces missing. In any case, it will all have to be reassembled. The bumpers appeared to be decent and the rear valence was nice. The tail lights looked good, but the gas door cover has a cracked lens. The convertible boot trim and the tail light housing trim (along the top, at least) is heavily pitted.

The engine was supposedly running when the car was parked but it does not turn over now.

Again, I could not get under the car so that's still an unknown. I'll try to get the pictures I have posted as soon as possible. The seller is prepared to negotiate but said he wants to get at least $2K for this car.

The

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Perfect for a true ECI, and a 351C and 4 speed to boot. The engine/trans/XR7 would be hard to resist if I was in the market (but that's a HUGE "if"!).

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Judging by the pictures the car doesnt look all that bad. This be a great project for someone that wants a convertible.

thanks
pat

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Umm, so have I :buck:

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
Come on Bob - you must be bored just wining trophies by now. Looks like a good pro-touring Coyote powered roadster project to me. Heck 70 XR7 convertibles are getting common anyway

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
A 4spd car no less....whoa, kinda rare! Would be a good one for somebody to put the effort into, looks like she's gonna have a good amount of hidden ECI surprise though....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts