Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are 69/70 Mustang armrest supposed to be the same as 70 XR7? I saw some on ebay that said for Mustang and Cougar. I have a pair from Mustang, the holes line up but they are definatly not right. Maybe the same as standard Cougar, or is the ebay seller wrong?

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
69 and 70 standard, decor & XR7 armrests are the same. The reproductions are a bit smaller and will fit but are just not quite right.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jc, Thank you too. What ever I have is way off so must not be Mustang. Fomoco number on back is C9ZB-6524141-AW

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, don't know what the heck I was looking at before but I just tried the armrest again and they fit fine. Old age ain't that great!

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Jc, Thank you too. What ever I have is way off so must not be Mustang. Fomoco number on back is C9ZB-6524141-AW
That is the correct part number for a Mustang. I know that you have already got it to properly fit, just confirming the part number for you.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
69 and 70 standard, decor & XR7 armrests are the same. The reproductions are a bit smaller and will fit but are just not quite right.
I like the repros just fine myself, better in fact than probably 5 or 6 sets of originals that I had to choose from. Maybe the originals I have are just not good enough ones, but I wasn't grooving on their being kind of deformed on some and the grain worn down/off on others.

I carefully took some sandpaper to the repro mold separation lines and worked them in a bit. Put them on and with a little vinyl dressing they look great to me. Even Randy may have seen them in person and did not notice the difference (and he doesn't like the repros either!).

At least the repros hug the door panel properly. Maybe the used armrests in Wa. are better?

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Even Randy may have seen them in person and did not notice the difference (and he doesn't like the repros either!).

Regards,

Bob
I cannot say that I even noticed the armrests in your car. There are just too many other cool things that your eye goes to first. Plus all the jaw flapping that we were doing. The armrests must have looked pretty good as ill fitting parts would have stood out like a sore thumb on your car.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
I cannot say that I even noticed the armrests in your car. There are just too many other cool things that your eye goes to first. Plus all the jaw flapping that we were doing. The armrests must have looked pretty good as ill fitting parts would have stood out like a sore thumb on your car.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95
Thanks Randy, I'll take that as a complement!

Hope all is well with you and yours.

Bob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts