Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my car to the body man back in Nov 2011
It went in Red / black vinyl top dark red interior, The red it had was slightly lighter than the original but I have now changed it to black, black vinyl top and red interior.
I love black vehicles, so went black I figured the next time I paint it I can go back to original Code T

Anyway I'll fire some pics dating back to Nov.

My body guy is a retired bodyman with a pretty sweet shop on his property. He took his time and got it very straight I think it looks good there are a few lint specks in the clear but I think it can be color sanded or cut polished or something, what do you guys think.

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
185.jpg 184.jpg 187.jpg IMG_1985.jpg IMG_1988.jpg Sorry about the scattered pics, Im a first timer posting pics :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
So the new black vinyl top is going on tomorrow the glass sometime in the next week so I will be bringing her home very soon :jump3:
I had both rear quarters replaced with nice 69 doners, the rear lowers needed patches and new trunk drops he opened up the wheel opening to as close as possible to 70 spec. different drivers door and pass door needed a couple patches, front pass fender needed a lower patch drivers side was good. Hood and decklid were perfect, I added a new Eliminator scoop (I like the look) and it needed a better front valance and rear pan.

This car was purchased new in 70 by my dad and spent most of its life un-garaged in Saskatchewan Canada, so 30 below hellish winters lol.
It will be another year before I get it on the road, to put it all back together.

Attachments

·
Registered
425 Posts
It looks like you've put a good amount of work into it. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
WOW - gonna look awesome w/red interior! Keep em coming...

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
That is going to be one bad arse black cat.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
I Like! Keep posting pictures.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
I've said it before, a lot, that Cougars are dead sexy in black!

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Very nice indeed!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks guys!

I got a call today from my bodyman and she is ready to come home :jump3:
This past weekend I totally cleaned the garage, painted the walls and re-organized stuff. I guess, kinda like a nesting mother LOL

I will get it Sunday and many more pics to come.

Those rims I've had since the early 90's but I'm actually going with the stock styled wheels in a 15x8rear 15x7frnt and of course the red cat center caps to match the pillar emblems and interior. super sexy ;)

I'm still undecided on a stripe, stock style stripe in dark red, nothing or........... ?

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Red, yah, thats the ticket. Keep the pictures coming.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Those wheels are the E/T (centerline look alikes) - I think the factory magnums look awesome on black cars (Hmmmm, a bit biased perhaps! LOL) I vote no stripes....but I know I'm out numbered there!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The black cat is home!
Now the fun begins :)
I have have both chrome and black trim for around the vinyl top (at the back and bottom), it had black originally but man that chrome does look pretty damn good. I'll fire some picks with either in future. Gotta decide which way to go...
A few pics for the Coug peps :sun:

Attachments

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
:smoke:OH YEAH - that's what I'm talking about! Very sharp!

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Sweeeeettttt!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts