Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my 70 XR-7 convertible to a gentleman from Sweden. It wasn't a scam either..haha

Here are a couple of pics of me loading it into my trailer yesterday. Tomorrow it's off to the Port to get ready for shipment.

He wanted new tires and new bumpers on it. Don supplied the bumpers (which look fantastic). Thanks Don.

I found out that 14" BFG Radial TA's are becomming hard to find. I had to order mine thru Tire Rack and have them delivered to a local shop to be mounted and balanced. All of the tire stores in the Northern Virginia (DC area) said they couldn't get them anymore.

I'm sorry to see her go, but it is on to my next project after some house repairs.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Getting 14's is brutal. Tire Rack is one of the only places for performance 14s and options are limited. 15's aren't as bad but no picnic. Last thing I want to do is start seeing even more versions of these jack--- DONK Cougars with 24" rims.. :). PS: I have no idea what donk means other than it appears to apply to cars that have rediculously large rims on them. If this has some kind of ethnic slur attached to it that was not my intent. :)

·
Registered
945 Posts
Definitely a nice looking cat, congrats on the sale but on the other side i understand your sorry to let go. :beer: On the other note, I have 14's on my 73 and am looking to upgrade them to 15's, my opinion on the 71-73 series the 14's look a little smallish. Nothing donk drastic just some 15X7's with 225 60r 15's all around. :smoke:

·
Registered
236 Posts
That's a gorgeous car. Plenty more that need lovin. Head on to the next one. You gotta feel proud, though. Tell the new owner to drop us a line.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
It's amazing how many cats are getting snapped up by the finger countries these days! Congrats on the sale...let us know what's next

·
Registered
41 Posts
It's amazing how many cats are getting snapped up by the finger countries these days! Congrats on the sale...let us know what's next
I'm hoping to reverse that by one car when I bring my '70 XR7 convertible back after my assignment in Norway. We'll see, she's worth a lot more over there but I'm falling in love!
Jeff

·
Registered
120 Posts
One thing is for sure that car will turn heads in Sweden!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Trust me! We have great us-car culture in Scandinavian countries (best in Europe). Your cars are in good hands in Sweden, Norway and here in Finland. I'm sure many new scandinavian owners will pop-up later in this forum! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts