Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
woah! first sunroof cat i've seen. i just learned they had sunroof option from that commercial that was posted a few days ago. i bet if that thing was fixed up it would bring in a pretty penny, not to mention a few turned heads :)

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Come on guys, thats a rare one! any takers? i would but wife will divorce! somebody better buy this one! geoff. outback in okla. 69ELIMINATOR 351 -4V 70 ELIMINATOR351-4-SPD 70 ELIMINATOR 428 CJ 4-SPD

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
I say it the other day. Wish I could afford it.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
I was just driving down the road last year when I found my '69 Sunroof Eliminator.....any of these cats is a rare find. Only 101 of the '69's were built and 102 of the '70's. All were Hertz rentals and were the first Eliminators off the line. If anyone wants to pick this one up I'd be happy to help you with the history of these cats. Mark P. on this list has one also (FirstEliminator). The thing about Mark's is that it was the first Eliminator ever built. Now find something like that!! Here is a link to my Eliminator....
http://www.1restoration.com/cougarclub/Members Cars/Jeff's_1969_Sunroof_Eliminator.htm

Catch you all later!

·
Registered
698 Posts
First Eliminator

The first 1970 Eliminator built was a Boss 302 car. It is the car that sold for $34,500 about a year ago. It had been in Canada for a long time. It is well documented by Lois Eminger and is in the Eliminator records.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
My mistake... yes I believe the first '70 was a Boss car but the first Eliminator ever was Mark's cat.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey Geoff, Here's an address. No numbers... Guy
1969-1970 Mustang & Cougar (Dearborn assembly, only) contact:
Lois Eminger
PO BOX 220
Dearborn, MI 48121-0200

1971-1973 Mustang & Cougar (Dearborn assembly, only) contact:
Roger Hayman
25 Brookline Lane
Dearborn, MI 48120-1037

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Eminger Report

I have these reports along with the Marti report on my Eliminator. They are well worth what they cost.
shane:D

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Eminger Report

Vin , a copy of your title and I think it cost forty bucks.
Trust me, you wont be dissappointted.:D
The report will have little pencil notes scribbled on it about your car as it was being manufactured.
I guess I should photo mine and post it, since Rick has told me how to do this now.
shane:D

·
Registered
49 Posts
70 Eliminator on EBay

I am interested in the car. Does anyone live near it and willing to look at it for me?

Kevin
(757) 619-2532

1 - 20 of 32 Posts