Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have '70 sport mirrors on their '67/'68 cougar? I would like to see pics if anyone has them. Just curious to see what they would look like. Thanks!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Where is everyone today...there are like three people online??? Wierd? Well if anyone ever sees this and they do have sports mirrors...do they use the same mounting holes as the original mirror? Thanks Again!!

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
im not sure but i dont beleive the angle is correct so that you will have to manufacture your own base. royce is really the one to ask on this one. and no the holes are not the same. it is right up there with the shelby racing mirrors they look great but you have to order special bases to mount them.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone have any opinions on how these would look? I think they look great on the '69/'70 models. I just wonder if they would look as good on a '68???

Does anyone have the bullet style mirrors on their cougar? I've only seen them on mustangs.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I think it might look a little funny IMHO but whatever floats your boat as they say....

Don

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I was kinda thinking too...I would just like to see it...you know, curiosity got the cat.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmmm...wonder how these mirrors would look on a cat?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was just browsing through the photo user photo gallery. It seems "Local hero" has sport mirrors on his '67. It doesn't look too bad at all. Here's the link to his gallery.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
My father's Mustang (66) has sport mirrors from a Dart Swinger on it. They look like they were made for the car and in 30+ years no one has even questioned them. Of course he doesn't enter it in concourse shows.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's what I'm thinking...it would look wierd...compared to the original mirror, but if no one knew the difference, it might look stock. Or it might look kinda funny to someone that has been staring at them for 35 years. I just want it to be cool and sport mirrors are cool!:)

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Walk around the local boneyard and see what's out there. Unfortunately many of the newer cars' mirrors are an integral part of the door/window frame and not bolt ons like ours.
A boneyard should have older models so you can look around. Keep an open mind, I balked at putting MOPAR mirrors on a Mustang, but they do lookk good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts