Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am no where near a mechanic nor body work person. have taken seats and carpet out of the floorboard....need new floorpans....drivers side might be done with just front section...but passengers has holes up under the seat mount ( proper name for it ? )
when replacing the floorpans....do i need to buy new seat mounts ( theres that word again ) or can i cut those out ?...they are spot welded very tightly to the floorpan.
am i fooling myself that i can do this ? or should i just grab my wallet and head to body shop ? trying to not put lots into this...even sell it in shape its in.
thanks
misc 027.jpg misc 026.jpg

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you take your time taking the seat mounts out you can clean them up and reuse them. I just went through the same process with my '69. Warning! The whole job (especially under the seat) is a pain in the a$$, at least on the convertible.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
it's not a fun job, but you can save some pretty good bank if you feel you have the ability to do it. It's one of those you can buy the tools and still be cheaper than the body shops price to do it for you type jobs.....and then you have tools for the next job! 4" grinder with cutting discs, and a cheapy little mig welder could do wonders. It's underneath, so it's no like it's all that visable while you learn anyway....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts