Mercury Cougar Owners banner

641 - 660 of 679 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
awesome picture, We have one similar with our son under the hood of a mustang when he was about a year old, he is currently two and is my wrenching buddy. Nothing better then teaching your son the ways of being a gear head!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #646
been having a bast lately guys! Tomorrow the car gets the headliner and some misc interior stuff started!

can someone remind me what these are, i just found them in a pile of stuff and want to put them in the right spot on the car but can only think these are for the A pillar but doesnt seem right. thoughts?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #652
Looks great! You decided against shoulder belts altogether? Love to see some more pics
no just havent pulled the trigger yet, something will be done with the bests, yes i know this is the wrong order to do this, but i just needed to get this done. maybe a 5 point belt will be added to the drivers side and just leave the passengers alone. I really dont know yet.

·
Registered
133 Posts
It's all good. Half the fun is in the journey! I finally got to pick my car up last week. Nice to have it home and getting some drive time after 18 months. Although the car was completely redone I am still looking forward to doing some small stuff. So, enjoy the small stuff, now that it's a driver again.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #654
It's all good. Half the fun is in the journey! I finally got to pick my car up last week. Nice to have it home and getting some drive time after 18 months. Although the car was completely redone I am still looking forward to doing some small stuff. So, enjoy the small stuff, now that it's a driver again.
wanna race?

·
Administrator
13,577 Posts
Yeah sure, as soon as I get the 2nd to 3rd shift down! Ugh
That was an issue for me too with the TKO 600 but I got it worked out.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #657
Yeah sure, as soon as I get the 2nd to 3rd shift down! Ugh
just mash it!

That was an issue for me too with the TKO 600 but I got it worked out.

what are you consistently running? I have yet to get to the strip, but i have hit a few stop lights ;)

we have a test and tune every friday night here but i always seems to have to do something more important!

·
Registered
133 Posts
whats the issue with 2-3 shift, today driving i shifted there multiple times and it was smooth as silk???
Its smooth as silk for me too in normal driving, its the speed shifting when it becomes an issue. I haven't driven a stick for close to 2 years since the cars been gone so I need some time to retrain the muscle memory. Also the gates feel a little tighter with the T-56 then my TKO-600. The times I have run it hard were great but my 2nd to 3rd shift is slow and deliberate because of nerves about missing the gate. It's all good. I'm loving the learning curve!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #660 (Edited)
Its smooth as silk for me too in normal driving, its the speed shifting when it becomes an issue. I haven't driven a stick for close to 2 years since the cars been gone so I need some time to retrain the muscle memory. Also the gates feel a little tighter with the T-56 then my TKO-600. The times I have run it hard were great but my 2nd to 3rd shift is slow and deliberate because of nerves about missing the gate. It's all good. I'm loving the learning curve!
upgrade the blocker rings, i did to the Carbon fiber ones.

did you dial in the bellhousing also?

641 - 660 of 679 Posts