Mercury Cougar Owners banner

21 - 40 of 679 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
not enough time to fab something up myself since i travel 4-5 days a week for work. Although next week i should be able to get away for a bit and work on the front end to get the old stuff out.
Man, I need to find a new job..lol

I looked on Rod and Customs' website....damn! They have some nice stuff but my wallet was screaming at me to close the page. lol

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Man, I need to find a new job..lol

I looked on Rod and Customs' website....damn! They have some nice stuff but my wallet was screaming at me to close the page. lol
if you call and talk to them they might work with you a bit, willie there is a good guy, he owns the place!

·
Registered
480 Posts
IFS with R&P... and 13" Wilwoods.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Wow totally nice set up with suspension. If its fit my budget with the new rebuild I would love to upgrade mine.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Wow what a freaking crazy week, but with crazy weeks you get some good honest people. Id like to thank member grumpyone27 he came through with a hood for the car, at a very reasonable price. Then him and i talked about how i could pay him, i figured a certified check would do just fine, and he agreed, then we talked shipping (i hate shipping). I got to thinking (dangerous) why not use Uship.com, so i made a listing and was flooded with offers lot of guys passing through looking for an extra load. This one guy stood out and i choose him, well he went above a beyond the call of duty paying cash for the hood at grumpyone27's house and then delivering it to me at 3am this morning while he was driving to Nebraska. Cash on Delivery is such a great idea he really helped me out and made two people happy. I didnt care about the 3 am wake up call that was all part of the plan. http://www.mercurycougar.net/forums/member.php?3649-grumpyone27 http://www.mercurycougar.net/forums/member.php?3649-grumpyone27

·
Administrator
13,577 Posts
Excellent!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Awesome new (old) hood, its in fantastic condition.

just got word that the roof is 100% buttoned up and is welded in place!

·
Administrator
13,577 Posts
So from what state did the hood come from to you?

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Nice hood, and clean at that. I looked everywhere for a hood for my 70 and I found a few people. But by the time to crate it and ship it I found 1 locally and rust free for a lil more money but your car is going to look awesome once done.

thanks
pat

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
ok wow ive been so busy lately!

So an update is coming this week, but i went out and bought a brand new f150 to help drive parts to the body shop. Kidding but i did buy a new truck, as i have a boy on the way, and my nissan 370 wont cut it any more. I was told that the rood is all buttoned up and they are really killing it with the work.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Just went thru the whole thread. Great progress man! That cross member and rack and pinion will get rid of so many of your headaches. I'm so jealous about that rear suspension... :)
thanks man, the rear was pretty simple to put in, but i did measure 15 times just to be sure! i will weld the brackets in after i get the car back before i do any major driving.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
been a few weeks on an update, but i have taken 85% of the front suspension off and just need another few hours to button the rest of it up, then the IFS can get started. Also got a new upper dash off of craigslist for $100 which i think is a smoking deal! more pictures to come soon!

oh one question, if using a power rack and pinion do i need a power steering pump?

·
Contributing Member
5,863 Posts
make sure you install subframe connectors. Some of the Mustangs with 4 link rears are bending the floor near the front leaf spring mount as the forces aren't being spread evenly across the rear subframe

·
Registered
508 Posts
Enjoy watching the progress with the metal repair...the shop is doing excellent work!

.....and yes. The power rack will require a pump.

21 - 40 of 679 Posts