Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yellow on black. Not 100% correct, but nice looking/driving car. Missing ram air parts, which is the biggest demerit. I'm sure everyone here remembers it, so let the picking apart begin. 30 grand cash takes it. I don't want it anymore. Thanks, 774-306-2862. Please no calls unless you have the cash to spend.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
_(0).(O)_ !!!!! Dude I'd be all over that baby. Good luck with the sale. Email me pics if you are having trouble posting them and I'll try and post for you.

God that would be a beautiful car to play with.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
I am no expert here but if the car was Ram-Air from the factory, wouldn't it be an R code (428 RA) rather than a Q code (428 non-RA)?

Or, maybe you are saying that it is a Q code (428 non-RA) that someone put RA on and now those RA parts are no longer there?

:confused:

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
No R code 70's, I believe. All ram air and non ram air cars were Q codes.

For the 69's your correct, Bob.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Wow Mike, I'm surprised it didn't sell before this. I figured when you dropped it to $35k you would have sold it no problem.

I added it to the "Eliminator Market" thread again, and here are the past thread links;

I still think its a good looking car and would make a great driver while a fellah rounds up the parts and cash to "make it right".

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
No R code 70's, I believe. All ram air and non ram air cars were Q codes.

For the 69's your correct, Bob.
Yeah, it was kinda odd, IMO. '69 Cougars and '69 & '70 Mustangs had Q and R for non-RA and RA. '70 Cougars were only Q and the RA was an option not incorporated in the engine code.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trying to round up the ram-air stuff today.waiting on a call. I really don't want a car that rare. I like to beat my stuff pretty hard. Price may go up a little with the ram-air.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Not to sure why the 69 & 70 Mustangs got the "R" code for there 428CJ & not the Cougar in 1970.

I know, I love to brag that I have an 69 Cougar Eliminator R-code 428CJ with a 4 speed during Cruise nights & car show. (Real Musclecars have 3 pedals)

Chuck
1969 Eliminator w/428CJ/RA/4spd/1 of 3 in White
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar5uqULUSTI

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I have one with four pedals.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Trying to round up the ram-air stuff today.waiting on a call. I really don't want a car that rare. I like to beat my stuff pretty hard. Price may go up a little with the ram-air.
If I were you, I would wait and see what interest there is before adding money to your car. Figure you can always pass the Ram-Air information to the new owner, but it may be difficult getting the money back out of the ram-air parts.

On the other hand, a "complete" appearing engine compartment is a nice selling point.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mike, you should buy it. Your cobra probably has great residual value. Sell that bad boy, borrow the difference and get your dream car. It's a buyers market that you may not see again. Peer pressure, peer pressure...

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Mike, you should buy it. Your cobra probably has great residual value. Sell that bad boy, borrow the difference and get your dream car. It's a buyers market that you may not see again. Peer pressure, peer pressure...

LOL! It sounds like a good idea on paper. Until I'm driving to / from work every day in a 40 year old car!

...but would you consider taking an '03 cobra convertible in trade? >.>

:toung:

Really though, a CJ car is out of my budget. Not just the buy-in price, but the money to "make it right". A fellah can sure dream though...

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
Please point me to the ram air stuff if you don't get it for your Elim. I need some bits for my conveertible

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
I wish I had 30 big ones laying around!

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
I wish I had 30 big ones laying around!
You and me both, brother! Of course, it seems that no matter how much I save up I always find myself wanting cars that are above my budget.
"Wow, I can afford this ... or, for just a bit more I could get THAT!!" LOL! Then comes the "Honey! Check out this car I found!" :zap:

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts