1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yeah...saw this yesterday too on ebay. Thought it was the same car. Didn't it sell for around 13 last year? Cool car, but the colors...white with black....

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I love that car. I even like the hub caps like I said the last two times we talked about this car. I think black or white are great colors for a car, but maybe not black AND white. If this car had AC and intermittent wipers, it would be almost perfect. Oh ya, get rid of the front spoiler too. That's the first thing I'd do.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have always liked those caps too...do we know what year/car application they were for originally? Cougar, ? Ford ?, etc.?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
The only thing you can do with this is make an Eliminator clone, or rob the drivetrain for something more interesting.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
The only thing you can do with this is make an Eliminator clone, or rob the drivetrain for something more interesting.
I find this car very interesting the way it is. Even better after you remove that stupid front spoiler. There's no way (unless this car gets wrecked) I'd agree with it being a good idea to put any parts from this car into another vehicle.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I find this car very interesting the way it is. Even better after you remove that stupid front spoiler. There's no way (unless this car gets wrecked) I'd agree with it being a good idea to put any parts from this car into another vehicle.
I'm with you, Larry. Although I like the spoiler myself. I think if the hood scoop could be mounted without poking holes in the original hood, then I would put a scoop on it too. The flat black and poverty caps would keep it "sleeper-ish", while the scoop and spoiler would give it just a touch of toughness, IMO.

Either way, I think it is sad that this fine example has been shuffled back and forth, what... 5 times(?) in the last year or so. You would think someone would just buy it and enjoy it as what it is.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Really is a great car. No idea why someone doesn't do it up but maybe it's a price thing. Goes back to what bill was saying I guess about doing a resto. Even if the stuff that needs doing isn't in horrible shape, for a car like this to really hit it's max potential you need to do a proper resto and replace stuff. Costs the same wether it's a little bad or a lot bad as far as interior, engine compartment etc.

Now if I had $20K in disposable income I'd buy this baby and drive her :) These beauteeful examples of 70 muscle aren't happy unless they are laying rubber on asphault.
My 2.5 cents ;)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I saw the car in Virginia and passed on it in the low teens. I wish I had found it when I was doing Marylin, as this car has the complete, date-coded drive train that I had to piece together over ten years for Marylin. That's the kind of donor car status I am talking about. The colors on this one are bad (police cruiser) and the trim level means it will never be very interesting to a collector. So, that means Eliminator clone, but there's no financial upside there.

Kind of like being between a rock and a hard place.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Wow this is very close to me in CT. Wish I had the cash. Didn't win the Mega Millions so.....LOL if anyone needs someone to look I'd be happy to test drive it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts