Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
I bought this ignition switch below from this seller for a 70 Cougar I'm restoring:

"70 mustang cougar maverick comet igniton switch $45.00"

Gee I thought same switch all three applications....yea makes sense this guy knows something I don't....I'll take it! Seller listed the above and many other parts on Ahwooga where he directed my purchase. So I got a 1970 Maverick switch in December. But to my surprise, 2 weeks ago, I found it does not fit a 1970 Cougar---looks similar but no cigar. Yes a Maverick part listed on a Cougar site was sent to me. So I suppose he thinks it fits a Cougar. My mistake according to him was I sat on the part for 2 months before telling him it will not fit a Cougar or Mustang. Yes, I only glanced at the part (looked like the right part) shipped to me and then tossed it in the 70 Cougar needing the part in January for installation later in better weather. Problem: Seller would not take it back (offered credit...no thanks) because 2 months had passed and other buyers lost in the meantime.....OK....errrr.

Anybody need a Maverick switch? Or, I got it: anybody need a Maverick, Mustang, Cougar switch?

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Put it on ebay with a "Good Till Canceled" Buy It Now Price of $60. It will cost you .01c per day to keep the listing up and a very happy 1970 Maverick owner you will in time make.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Put it on ebay with a "Good Till Canceled" Buy It Now Price of $60. It will cost you .01c per day to keep the listing up and a very happy 1970 Maverick owner you will in time make.

Good advice....will do...

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
And good to know about the seller's sales policies/practices as well.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Pretty much standard practice to not take a used electrical part back after 30 days. Just sayin...
Fair enough Don, but if the part was sold as fitting something it did not, what then?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts