·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that actually looks pretty nice... havent seen one in person before and only small pics of them on here. strange opetion package eh?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Ginger HT!

Dude! That's My Car! (said in my Best Spicoli voice...)The cat that I am currently working on is a 351C4-V Ginger HT XR7...

Thanks for the pictures, they will aid in my Rodstoration.

·
Registered
273 Posts
351 4v(Eliminator) with hounds tooth

Hey Jim I got one with a 4V & hounds tooth, take a look at my gallery to see it with the new magnum 500's & you can see the hounds tooth interior freshly redone. :tongue:

·
Registered
816 Posts
Maybe another?

I've just been told of a Ginger Houndstooth XR-7 sitting 20 years in a barn about a half hour from me. I plan to verify this weekend. I'll try to get numbers and keep you posted.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Barn finds are like treasure hunts, and are very Cool! Please Be sure to tell us what you find...

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Another one!

Sold it back in 93 to a Cougar guy in Ohio. FULLY loaded DSO 84 car, originally was sold to Lincoln Mercury employee at Ford Aeronutronics in Palo Alto CA. I think this may have been the predicessor to the Ford Aerospace..... or he was a L-M advertising employee, as it's rumored that there was a big western marketing group based there too.......

Gold with the brown houndstooth top, and the orangish interior in houndstooth. Have a piece of the top on my workbench still! The interior color is actually very striking when new! Looks ugly all faded out.....

Car looks like the pictures in the advertising material.... who knows... could be the same car!

Car was LOADED!!! Only items we couldn't find on it were the RH mirror, and Competition Handling (with the rear sway bar). It was a sunroof car too! Back then, we got the "Emminger report" and it was 4 pages long! (two pre sunroof, two post! Very interesting read!!!)

4V Cleveland, PW, PS, AC, PDB, TW, INT Wiper, Csl, Rallyes, AM-FM, automatic seat back release, mats, rear defogger...

Can't remember if it had a collapsable spare.....

Neat car!!!!!

Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
When I was a kid, one of my mother's co-workers used to have one of these. It was a white car with black interior. Don't know the engine, but the car was loaded with options. I thought the matching seats and vinyl top were too cool. This was back in Nashville, TN in the late 70's/early '80's....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts