Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the cougars have the same type codes on the front windscreens as the mustangs and if so what is the code for the 70, can't find it anywhere on the glass itself.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
VIN number should be on a plate along the front edge of the dashpad where it meets the windshield on the driver's side. If the dashpad was taken out the plate may have been bent down so that it is now under the pad, in which case you wouldn't see it.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Got your email Dayle. I don't know the code, but I believe that the windshield is the same as the 70 Mustang. That might be easier to find, I know they are around here.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
According to the Interchange book, the NAGS Number for the 1970 Cougar and Mustang windshield is W739.
It states that the W721 from a 1969 Mustang or Cougar should fit as well.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, apparently the major automotive glass place here has some mustang moulds and will make a windscreen for me, if they have the mould, they are the suppliers to most of the motor car manufactures, Delta {opel, Isuzu, Suzuki} and VW have their major plants here, so do Firestone and Goodyear but trust me that does not make tyres any cheaper.

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Dumb question: Couldn't you just order one from here in the states and have it shipped or is it too much to think that the glass would arrive in one piece?

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Shipping fees to SA are NUTS! $50 US to ship a steering box using the "slow-boat" method. I can't imagine what a windshield would cost (or what it would look like when it got there).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts