Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Serious buyer looking for a 1970 cougar eliminator. Not looking for profit,but for personal use . Want a 428 car,colors and trans not important. Prefer original drivetrain and minimal rust ok . Will consider all,but not looking for a trailer queen showpiece ..serious buyer w cash waiting. Thanks for the ad.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Have you looked into this one? Not sure how it fits into the "trailer queen" aspect, since it isn't finished yet :)

'70 w/ 428CJ (Ram-Air), auto. Comp blue with white interior. Complete and original project car that need finishing. Many new parts included (not installed). Needs engine rebuild (currently disassembled, but complete). Has had fairly extensive rust repair (pans, quarters, torque boxes, etc). Has new paint, but paint needs finished up. Owned by a member of this forum. Contact the owner via email: [email protected]. He is asking $32K for everything. The car is in Alberta, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = " border=" /><st1:country-region itxtNodeId="353" itxtHarvested="0" w:st="on"><st1:place itxtNodeId="354" itxtHarvested="0" w:st="on">Canada</st1:place></st1:country-region>
<st1:country-region itxtNodeId="353" itxtHarvested="0" w:st="on"><st1:place itxtNodeId="354" itxtHarvested="0" w:st="on"></st1:place></st1:country-region>
<st1:country-region itxtNodeId="353" itxtHarvested="0" w:st="on"><st1:place itxtNodeId="354" itxtHarvested="0" w:st="on">From the Owner:</st1:place></st1:country-region>
<st1:country-region itxtNodeId="353" itxtHarvested="0" w:st="on"><st1:place itxtNodeId="354" itxtHarvested="0" w:st="on">Hi Mike, Engine and tranny are original and comes with all original components from S-tub { with bracket and nut}, smog, ram air, carb, distributor { even still has the original brass vacuum line strap that goes beside the distributor and I have a new one}, manifolds, heads have the CJ head code ( C8ON-E and the drivers head rear is stamped with car serial number}. Motor was taken apart hot tank and stored, twenty years ago. It needs to be rebuilt, (have new CJ cam, ) tranny ran fine but now needs new seals, should not need rebuild. I can get pics when I get a second to dig -drag them out of storage. Mint driver’s door was put on with new hinge pins both sides, you can have the old door it is still usable. The major rust was on the drivers floor. It had a new long floor put in ( cut and re but weld in several places to match the old), complete torque box ( bottom and top where rusty), and short frame rail ( 2-3 inches of side rust), I didn’t take a shot of the rust , I didn”t want a shot of some thing that ugly, but for resale I should have. The rest of the bottom of the car is original except for bottom of the outer wheel wells, both ends, complete back of the wheel lips, both sides, bottom of the quarters and trunk drop offs where they join together ( drop offs were from John’s cougar). I was very insistent that the welds be done so as to match the original and you couldn’t tell the difference. Look at the pics of the before and after of the battery tray area to see what I mean. There were other small areas of the car that had rust repair, you can’t tell usually, Plus the complete quarter outer wheel well lips both sides. Phone for honest depiction. I’m still sanding the back bottom of the car (almost finished), and will take more pics of the repairs and every where else (hope they will turn out , no lift). Best time to phone is 5 pm to 9 pm mon to fri mountain standard time, (3 hrs behind you?) I’m in and out weekends but usually home after 5 pm Jim @ 1 780 425 4249 I should be in all day Sunday, June 19<SUP>th-11</SUP>. I’ve got about $14,000.00 into the body and the paint. And lots of rebuilt or new other components to talk about, and almost every thing you need to do the car is there. Except for New stripe kit, battery, and some chroming of original parts. You would need about $5 to 6,000 to finish the car ,on top of the $32,000 for the price of the car. Plus all your man hours. Thank you Jim
</st1:place></st1:country-region>
<st1:country-region itxtNodeId="353" itxtHarvested="0" w:st="on"><st1:place itxtNodeId="354" itxtHarvested="0" w:st="on"></st1:place></st1:country-region><st1:country-region itxtNodeId="353" itxtHarvested="0" w:st="on"><st1:place itxtNodeId="354" itxtHarvested="0" w:st="on"></st1:place></st1:country-region>
<st1:country-region itxtNodeId="353" itxtHarvested="0" w:st="on"><st1:place itxtNodeId="354" itxtHarvested="0" w:st="on"></st1:place></st1:country-region>
<st1:country-region itxtNodeId="353" itxtHarvested="0" w:st="on"><st1:place itxtNodeId="354" itxtHarvested="0" w:st="on">Attached some pics that he sent me as well.</st1:place></st1:country-region>
<st1:country-region itxtNodeId="353" itxtHarvested="0" w:st="on"><st1:place itxtNodeId="354" itxtHarvested="0" w:st="on">If I could convince my wife to invest in a car, this would be the one.</st1:place></st1:country-region>
<st1:country-region itxtNodeId="353" itxtHarvested="0" w:st="on"><st1:place itxtNodeId="354" itxtHarvested="0" w:st="on"> STA71504.JPG STA71506.JPG STA71534.JPG STA71547.JPG </st1:place></st1:country-region>

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also have original paint Dusk blue /blue ,original interior,original everything 1969 Z28. paperwork and 30K documented miles .

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts