Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guy's,just snagged a passenger side mirror off a 70 Eliminator to put on my 69 XR7 and was wondering how far back from the front of the door does it go?I only want to drill any hole in the door once so anyone out there that could check on their car and let me know Thanks.and by the way I picked it up for 20 cdn.:D

·
Registered
698 Posts
Mirror placement

I will check before the end of the day and get back to you. The cars are at the house.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I just installed one one on wvcat. I bought a kit from Vic Yarberry that includes a new gasket and the rivnuts for the door & screws. Also included in the kit is the deminsions to install it. Here's his address if interested. I can also get the deminsions when I go down to the garage in a little while.
John
wvcat

Here's the address:
Vic Yarberry
Cougars Unlimited
6831 Truchas Dr. NE
Albuquerque NM 87109
(505) 821-1002 after 6PM Mountain

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Well I seemed to have misplaced the paper that came with the kit but I measured my mirror.
from the front outer edge of the door(where the top rolls over to the side) its 4 3/8's to the first hole and 11 to the rear hole.
! < 11 > !
I hope this makes sense.
John
wvcat

The spacing didn't come out in my deluxe drawing...$#@I^$#@

·
Registered
698 Posts
Mirror placement

I'm sorry I took so long to get back, but I have been having trouble trying to post. I measured 4 cars, all original and they were all a little differen't. From the beginning of the door going back on the body line to the beginning of the mirror it was anywhere from 3 1/2 to 4 inches. I believe if you leave adequate clearance for the door to open, it would be all right.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Terry,
is the eliminator still around? if it is can you let all of us know? Someone in here could probably buy some of the parts off of the eliminator you got the mirror from
thanks
pat

1 - 10 of 10 Posts