·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Ok Fellahs,

I have some questions, and am also looking for some opinions on this one.
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/2448629207.html
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...k_rvr_id=242062272520&clk_rvr_id=242149920630

Did the Boss Eliminators come with the adjustable shocks?

What is a reasonable value on a crusty B2 car without the correct engine? Given the rarity, I would think his asking price is reasonable, but wanted to bounce it off of the experts here :)
Did you mean staggered shocks? If so, all Boss 302 Eliminators were by specification supposed to have staggered shocks.

As a clarification though some were miss built. Of the 72,365 Cougars built in 1970, 1,039 or 1.4% should have had staggered shocks.

As to values, as has been stated numerous times, a car is worth whatever a willing buyer and a willing seller determine it is worth. Based on the pictures presented, I as a New Englander would not call that car rusty. The engine compartment has rust from the battery area, but the spot welds on the inner fenders by the shock towers do not appear to be bubbled. Pictures of the underneath would help as well as details of the bottoms of the doors, trunk lip, hood lip and the lower quarters.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
A couple things from my twisted mind.

I like how he calls it normal to need floorpans, 1/4 panels, doors, etc. Never seen a car that didn't need all that stuff. :uhoh: I also like the shot of the engine that he took for ebay. You know the one that shows where the inner fender used to be.

The '70 boss 302 is my second favorite Cougar. I would really love to have one. But I don't think I want one that bad.

It might be worth the $8500 he wants. But could you stomach what it will take to make it a nice car? :puke:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I'll stay away from comenting on the price for the reasons already mentioned but it is a purty rare car. I guess what one has to ask is what will you need to put into it in order to put it back to "restored" condition? finding all of the Boss pieces and then restoring the car is going to put a nice price on it.

Now for a person looking for a Boss car... definitely rare as hell and few and far between so have to seriously ask yourself if you are in the market for a Boss. Sounds to me like you are and you know exactly what you are getting into.

Good luck with it.

·
Registered
568 Posts
It's hard to tell exactly how much rust there actually is on the car from the pictures. The engine compartment has obviously been exposed to the elements for some time and I bet it's got "issues". Also, it's not necessarily "normal" for a car to need floors, skins, doors, etc. I'd be willing to bet the trunk is toast as well as torque boxes and frame rails. If not the latter two, you will still need LOTS of $$$ to make this car right. This car needs a complete rotisserie restoration which is anything but inexpensive. In today's market, a restored Boss 302 Cougar would bring $60-70k (just my estimation). The restoration would probably meet or exceed that. Now, if you are just looking for one and have to have one, then the cost of restoration vs. value should not figure into the decision; just whether or not you want a rusty Boss 302 Cougar for $8,500 and have the time, patience, and $$$ to restore it; as has been said previously, there aren't many around.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hey, it just sold......did you "buy it now"? If so, much luck to you and I hope you bring it back to its former glory!

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, it just sold......did you "buy it now"? If so, much luck to you and I hope you bring it back to its former glory!
LOL! Wasn't me. However, I did email the seller and he basically said "it will be gone by 7pm". Looks like he was off a few hours though.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
But the biggest thing is its still got about 90% of the car there minus the motor,hood and spolier.But if i bought it it would be all about the love it deserves to be once again a sweet ride.

thanks
pat

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
This car is a great project and I think the price was fair. Where are you gonna find another one?
Ditto... A skilled owner with good parts hounding skills could put this car together for about $50 and it could potentially be worth $100k. Keep in mind this comes from someone who has owned 0 Boss Cougars and 4 BOSS Mustangs.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
So you think this car fully restored missing the original engine would be worth $100K? You should be all over the one that's for sale at $59K.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Was this a drag pac Boss 302?
What was the axle code?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Was this a drag pac Boss 302?
What was the axle code?
A = 3.50 open with a 5 wide ratio transmission.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
The biggest thing is that the car is in the registry, its going to be saved and however long it takes it`ll roam the streets once again.

I had a oppertunity (many) to buy some eliminators,1 of which was the comp gold 70 but needed everything.A 428cj comp green and a few others.I wish whoever bought the comp blue one were talking about can become a member here or whoever here bought it can come forward so we can all congradulate them on saving another eliminator from being a another dust bowl in a barn.

thanks
Pat

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The biggest thing is that the car is in the registry, its going to be saved and however long it takes it`ll roam the streets once again.
I wish whoever bought the comp blue one were talking about can become a member here or whoever here bought it can come forward so we can all congradulate them on saving another eliminator from being a another dust bowl in a barn.

thanks
Pat
Amen to that!

·
Registered
103 Posts

Hello all, this is a heck of a deal, I talked to the ownerlast night and had the opportunity to purchase it, however to much personalstuff going on with my father right now to take on anything else.

This can and will be a very nice car, I ordered a copy ofthe Marti and have posted it for all to enjoy (i tried, it wont work?), I also gave a copy to the newowner Aaron from NM, he owns another 70 Boss Eliminator Comp Gold car purchasedabout a year ago, it was the Mustangs Unlimited car, he tells me nice paint buteverything else just ok on the car, he is fixing the issues. He purchased thatcar for a bit over $40k and will need about 15k to make perfect.

I think this Grabber Bluecar is a much better purchase and I agree with Don………done right 100K all daylong. These cars are gaining popularity fast but they do need to be the rightcolor and very nice to get the top dollars and Grabber Blue, with Décor interiorand Tilt is a very good start. It is a Drum Brake and non-Power Steering car,however I would put manual disc or power disc for safety sake and I don’t thinkit would hurt the value one bit. If aperson has access to a good restoration shop or partner and he or she iswilling to do a lot of the leg work (disassembly, prep, parts location) I thinkfor $30-40K you can have a very nice car and will defiantly make money if thatis your goal, and I am sure you will not lose money.

We have not reallyseen any very nice restored cars go up for sale, I may be offering my PastelBlue car that is being totally rotisserie restored as we speak up for sale, butI will tell you, It won’t be cheap, but it sure as heck will be worth it. Dave knows thiscar and it was an original paint perfect car to begin with and very soon itwill be amazing. The only reason why I would even consider selling mine is thatI have a sister car to Dave’s………. a 1970 Grabber Blue Boss Eliminator SuperDrag Pack car that is being fully restored side by side with the Pastel car(still may keep the Pastel car) and I have just acquired (finally Dave) a 1969Boss Cougar Eliminator Competition Orange car.

Well that is my two cents plus a few quarters and dimesthrown in for good measure.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
If this person that has the comp blue car i know(as well a ragcat) that is parting out a 70 xr7 that has a discbrake front end that i beleive would sell the front end for the eliminator.

thanks
pat

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Sounds like the car went to a good home. Hope to see pics some day after all the hard work :)

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
If this person that has the comp blue car i know(as well a ragcat) that is parting out a 70 xr7 that has a discbrake front end that i beleive would sell the front end for the eliminator.

thanks
pat
Huh ?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts